Thread: Breeze 5 & Controller Fans won't max out?

Default Breeze 5 & Controller Fans won't max out?

OK, so I have the Breeze 5 Fan and the controller. I'm plugged in to the L1 and the fan is running. Fan starts and stops when the temperature rises above and drops below my nominal value of 79. Problem is that the fan speed does not seem to change as the temperature rises. My tank started off at 78.8 this morning. After the lights came on the tank temperature rose to +79 and the Breeze 5 started running. The tank temperature is now 81.3 and the Breeze 5 is running at the same speed. As a test I plugged the Breeze 5 directly into the power bar without the controller attached and it runs much faster. 1-10V interface is set up to: Temperature 1 / Controller Output / Breeze 5 / U-min 1V - U-max 10V. The Breeze 5 is plugged into S5 set to always on. So why won't my fans max out?

2 ideas:
    - the setting "1-10V is max at..." should be changed
    - if the PropellerControl does not react at all: maybe a jumper inside it is not plugged correctly (both jumpers must have the same position, 1-2 or 2-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    2 ideas:
    - the setting "1-10V is max at..." should be changed
    - if the PropellerControl does not react at all: maybe a jumper inside it is not plugged correctly (both jumpers must have the same position, 1-2 or 2-3)

I don't understand the first idea or how to implement any change on that piece of information.

simple: there is a setting "1-10V is max at..." in the temp. section

there you enter the temperature deviation at which the 1-10V port is max.

described in manual

can be changed in ProfiLuxControl or on the device itself

simple: there is a setting "1-10V is max at..." in the temp. section

there you enter the temperature deviation at which the 1-10V port is max.

described in manual

can be changed in ProfiLuxControl or on the device itself
    When you say temp. section do you mean the drop down "Probe & sensor controls" - Temperature 1?

What page of the English manual can I find this information?

Quote Originally Posted by M007 View Post
    When you say temp. section do you mean the drop down "Probe & sensor controls" - Temperature 1?

What page of the English manual can I find this information?
    Same pg in all manuals.
    Pg 23 Para 3.7.17

I don't have a breeze controller but!!!
    From my understanding of the manual! You need to put the maximum temp that you want the Breeze controller to be running a full speed. This is the max deviation from the start or control temp!
    So a good start would be say 2 deg F, it should ramp up automatically from the start temp (79 on your previous post) to full speed if the tank gets to 81!

Refer this thread for some screen shots of the software http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...read.php?t=373

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    Same pg in all manuals.
    Pg 23 Para 3.7.17

I don't have a breeze controller but!!!
    From my understanding of the manual! You need to put the maximum temp that you want the Breeze controller to be running a full speed. This is the max deviation from the start or control temp!
    So a good start would be say 2 deg F, it should ramp up automatically from the start temp (79 on your previous post) to full speed if the tank gets to 81!

Refer this thread for some screen shots of the software http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...read.php?t=373

Paul
    Excellent reply! As I suspected my software (v4.0.2.0) is missing that ellement. I guess I need to download the new version. Thanks again!

if you have an older firmware version then the setting "hysteresis" determines when the controller has full speed
    -> decrease your hysteresis setting

did you check the jumper?

if you have an older firmware version then the setting "hysteresis" determines when the controller has full speed
    -> decrease your hysteresis setting

did you check the jumper?
    I have firmware version 4.05. Did not check the jumper as of yet. The instruction book indicates it should be set properly "ex works".