Thread: PAR distribution of new GHL LED-lamp Mitras

Default PAR distribution of new GHL LED-lamp Mitras

The first measurements of the Mitras pre-production series (which will be shown at Interzoo) have been completed, I think we achieved really remarkable values, here is the diagram:

PAR-Distribution.jpg

The light is evenly distributed over a large area at peaks of about 600 PAR.

These are just the values of the pre-production series, I am quite convinced we can even improve them for the mass production!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Very nice.
    Looks VERY promising.
    CAN'T WAIT.

At what depth or distance from the lamp is this indicated PAR distribution?

good question, must be added in chart:

30 cm distance
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I may be way off base here, but the PAR distribution suggests pretty well focused light. May I ask what method you are using to concentrate output from the diodes and if this will be customizable for specific applications (ie being able to swap out lenses/reflectors)? For example, my tank is 36" deep (about 90cm) so I would prefer to buy an extra unit and have more concentration of light to reach good PAR at the bottom rather than have light spill out the sides of the tank before making it to the bottom (as would happen with widely focused light pattern).

we use reflectors, not lenses, because reflectors are more efficient

adjustable / replacable reflectors is something I have in mind for the series

any word on how much they would cover? would i need 2 or 3 lamps to cover a 130x65 system? 130cm long 65cm wide...

Thank you Matthias... I am happy to hear that optics will be adjustable/replaceable. I look forward to seeing the final product. As I have a P3ex, these are my first choice for illuminating my display if the final product would work well on my system.

the final specs will come next week

Waiting for the specs..
    Not to see if this is a good product (because it is not good, it's perfect) but how many will cover my needs and if I can afford it.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.