Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
we did exactly this for the next firmware and GHL Control Center:
the "dynamic nominal value" can now also work with tables. You set temperatures at certain dates and ProfiLux will calculate all the temp. between these dates. The "night change" will also be considered.
It is in BETA-Testing, the GEOMAR institute is already using it for scientific experiments. Besides temperature all other probes can work with seasonal values.
I think we launch the 6.17 in a week, details are to come soon.

To the seasonal light
This is the next step. There is only a small problem and I am not sure how to solve it in the best way, so comments and thoughts are very welcome.
We have 32 dimming channels, each of these channels can have up to 12 points per day.
I think it is nearly impossible to program for all channels for all points for many days different times and/or intensities.
We need a more clever and easy way to achieve a seasonal lighting for many different dimming channels.

Has anyone good ideas?
Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
How about this

If seasonal lightning is activated, channel dimming points are always related to spring/autumn equinox
Related to the latitude a sunset/sundown time is calculated for the equinox date and shown in the diagram (maybe adaptable)
The dimming curve is related to actual date compressed or stretched as neccessary between sunset and sundown and also between sundown and sunset. (summer: day is stretched/night is compressed; winter: Day is compressed, night is stretched)
Maybe a shift parameter (moving sunset/high noon/sundown/ midnight) a certain number of hours fore or back would be helpful
Also cool would be a "general year light courve" designed similar to the daily curves where you can set a multiplier for the max power output (Winter 50% / Summer 100%, interpolated in between)
In fact, what is most annoying is the summer, when it's still light out at 22h and the aquarium is in the dark since 20 hours.
The solution would be gradually shift the illumination points about the sunset until two hours later in the summer.