Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Lighting Change for sunrise and sunset

Default Seasonal Lighting Change for sunrise and sunset

Matthias,

I am just wondering if there is ever going to be a Seasonal Lighting function by longitude & latitude for the sunrise and sunset settings. I know you guys are real busy with Interzoo 2012 and the new LED's coming out but, I recall asking about this October 10, 2010. I was told that it was in the firmware but was not activated yet. I thought you said that it was going to be activated in firmware 5.04. I feel it is a beneficial function that should not be overlooked. Here are 2 short articles I found that feel the same way. I do have the working formulas for sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset in Excel if you need it.
    If for some reason this not going to be implemented in the firmware that is fine too. I’ll just have to find another controller that will satisfy my lighting control requirements and use this one for the keeping track of the functions.

CORAL RHYTHMS AND CAPTIVE SPAWNING
    http://breedersregistry.org/Articles...yree/tyree.htm
    The Paradox Of A Consistent Need For Variation
    http://www.reefland.com/articles/rho...-for-variation

Thanks again,
    Dave.

this will definetely come!

yes, most of the research and work had already been done, the last 15% is what is missing still
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

and thanks for the links, these are interesting informations
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have read quite a few articles on this subject and their findings are all quite interesting.
    Maybe I could help with the last 15% of the puzzle to get this implemented into the firmware. I’m guessing the problem is either in the formula being used or tying it back into the rest of the programming. I do have programming skills and would like to help out in any way I can. It would be a FREE service to you. I would like to take a look at what you have done already and see what I could do to help get it finished.

thanks for your offer

it is just a time problem, especially during the preparation of Interzoo

I will come back to this as soon as possible

Yes that’s right Interzoo is coming. I hope everything goes as planned there. I can’t wait till the release of the new LED lights. I’ll need 3-4 of them for now. Will we need 8 open “L” ports for each LED module or a total of 8 ports for our whole lighting string?

Quote Originally Posted by mzbwlk View Post
    Yes that’s right Interzoo is coming. I hope everything goes as planned there. I can’t wait till the release of the new LED lights. I’ll need 3-4 of them for now. Will we need 8 open “L” ports for each LED module or a total of 8 ports for our whole lighting string?
    no info here on the lamp :
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...d-new-LED-lamp!

and further down the tread post 25 , Matthias is talking about the connectivity. (wireless via pab it seems )

Quote Originally Posted by mzbwlk View Post
    no, they are not controlled over 1-10V, they are controlled over PAB, details are coming

Pestering you guys with questions tonight! Any updates on this? I think it has lots of potential!!

Nope not at all. I give up asking for something that every other controller has.