Thread: Delay ATO after Kalk

Default Delay ATO after Kalk

Hello everyone,

I want to set it up if my Kalk reactor mixing pump turns on the ATO does not turn on and stays off for at least 60 - 120 minutes after the Reactor pump shuts OFF.

My ATO is Socket 3
    My Reactor pump is on Socket 5

Please explain like a 2 year old. I am new to this controller. I am guessing programming logic but I do not understand how it works.

Thanks

Is your Kalk mix pump set on a timer controlled by the profilux? If so what are the timings?
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

I have Timer 5 set to 12:00am to 12:10am and 12:00pm to 12:10pm
    and socket 5 Function set to Timer 5
    but that is I have done
    Last edited by Cracker; 28.06.2012 at 04:32.

Actually I see you have received a pretty comprehensive guide from Luisagos on RC, I don't think I can add anything to what he has said!

But I did note on the American Profilux site that you want to does Kalk instead of calcium. My experience with this shows that you can not get enough kalk into your tank with top off water alone to provide enough calcium for normal tank usage.
    I use it mainly for PH control when I am having cyno flare ups or other issues which push the PH down at night.

You also asked when you should dose Kalk, during day or night. Kalk is highly alkaline and will bring your PH up rapidly, depending on how much is being added to the system. Therefore if you can dose at night, while PH is low, it is better for your system. But if you can keep the PH swings low, then dosing during the day will also work!

For safety, I program the profilux to limit Kalk to a maximum of PH 8.4 ensuring that I don't get a wild increase if more top off is being added.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

I still do not understand how to get this done. I really need it explained more at a beginner level. Or if someone can take the time to look at my set up through Team Viewer on my computer would be great.

I got the timers set up but I am lost here

1) Use G1 "AND" gate function to compare timer 1 (invert timer 1) (mixing timer) to water 1 .

Is this correct
    Untitled.jpg

2) Use G2 "AND" gate function to compare timer 2(invert timer 2) (mixing timer 60 off) to G1.

This one I have no clue on how can I set to G1 there is no G1 in the list
    Untitled2.jpg

3) Assign G2 to socket 5.
    Last edited by Cracker; 28.06.2012 at 05:16.

I think I got it now.

I do not have G in the drop down but I have Programming logic 1,2,3 etc.

I ran a test with the float and the ATO turns off and on right now. I will wait to midnight to see if once the mixing start if it turns on, hopefully it does not.

Thanks for putting up with me
    Last edited by Cracker; 28.06.2012 at 05:25.

Nope the mixing pump did not turn on and the ATO still opens in the off time.