Thread: Network Ports for Profilux 3eX?

Default Network Ports for Profilux 3eX?

Hi,

Obviously I know that the webserver defaults to port 80 so that is a port I have forwarded so I can access the status screens. However, the standard 10001 port that appears to the only one required to access the P3 using ProfiluxControl doesn't seem to be right. If I open port 10001 on the router it won't connect, however if I set the P3 as a DMZ it DOES connect.

Are there additional ports that need to be opened in order to access the P3 using ProfiluxControl?

This has all come about because of the issues with a P3 in a corporate network environment, so I have done as suggested and bought a second router and connected that to the corporate LAN. That effectively creates a WAN port on the new router with a corporate IP address, and I'm accessing the P3 using that address.

The numbers are:

New router: 172.16.1.174 (corporate WAN) // 192.168.1.1 (new router LAN)
    P3 static IP: 192.168.1.2
    DHCP: Off
    Port forwarding: 80 -> 192.168.1.2:80 and 10001 -> 192.168.1.2:10001

As said, if I type in 172.16.1.174 into a web browser on the corporate LAN side it DOES access the P3 status page correctly. So that means the static 192.168.1.2 IP is correct and working. However, trying to access using ProfiluxControl set to AUTO doesn't work, and doing it manually with the WAN IP also doesn't seem to work which suggests there is another port it needs forwarding - when DMZ is on (ie. all ports being requested go through the new router) it DOES work.

I could of course leave DMZ on but I'm now fairly sure the whole reason this is needed is because the P3eX is responding badly to DHCP messages and hence the LAN port breaks. Ideally the DMZ should not be on so it can filter only the packets it knows how to respond to.

Thanks.

Hi

10001 is the only port ProfiLuxControl needs.

Are there maybe problems with firewall settings?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Well this is my point - the firewall is closed apart from ports 80 and 10001 in which case I can't connect using ProfiluxControl. If I turn off the firewall completely then it works. Given that I know port 80 is correctly open and I have opened 10001 in the same fashion I can't see why it wouldn't work except that it needs another port.

there is one port (30718) more used if ProfiLuxControl shall "search automatically" instead using a fixed IP
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    there is one port (30718) more used if ProfiLuxControl shall "search automatically" instead using a fixed IP
    Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue - despite me using a fixed IP it wouldn't work without this.