Thread: Touch fw 1.03 - icons update failing

Default Touch fw 1.03 - icons update failing

After updating my Touch to fw 1.03 there is no way I can get the 'Update pics' button actually start an update of the icons.

- ProfiLux Touch firmware 1.03
    - ProfiLuxControl 5.1.2.5
    - ProfiLux Firmware 5.12b

I only have the Touch connected to PL3ex via PAB and have tried update via LAN and USB/RS232 without success.
    'Update pics' only results in a popup window that is shown for less then a second.

Please advice.

kind regards,
    Ruud

please connect the Touch directly to ProfiLux (PAB), connect no other PAB-devices during the update to PAB
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for your reply, I may not have been clear in my choice of words: with "I only have the Touch connected to PL3ex via PAB" I meant that the Touch is already the only PAB device connected to PL3ex.

I understand - you are right, seems to be a problem in PLC5.1.2.5 - we check this and fix it in the next version

-> please use an older version just for the update of the pics

uninstall of the current version is not necessary
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Just tried with 5.1.1.3 - same effect

(sorry, pressed enter too quickly)
    Will wait (patience is a virtue.....) and let you sort out what is wrong.

ok, meanwhile I found the reason

Touch firmware 1.03 doesn't need new pictures, so there is no picture folder in the ProfiLuxControl-folder for 1.03

but if you did now an update from 1.01 to 1.03 you are lost here

-> search the application folder of ProfiLuxControl
    there is a folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\ProfiLuxControl_V5125\ProfiLuxTouchFiles

(or similar)

in this folder is another folder "Pics102" - make a copy of this folder and rename it to "Pics103"

-> now you should be able update the pics

Hi Matthias,

You are right, I did update from 1.01 to 1.03.
    Copied / renamed as you suggested - got my new icons :-)

Thank you for your quick (and effective) Support (with a capital 'S')!

(also have an issue with no emails sent from PL3ex after PL3ex fw update even via "Test", but that would be off-topic; will submit separate ticket for that)

kind regards,
    Ruud

(or similar)
    Hint:This path should route you to the folder, regardless of the win version

%programfiles%\ProfiLuxControl_V5125\ProfiLuxTouch Files

Thanks Gunther, using good old XP under VMWare on my Mac. No other "Program Files" than x86 (implicitely).