Thread: Flash fail (MAC)

Default Flash fail (MAC)

I just tried to update to the new 5.12 which was going OK, but during the 'Erasing Flash" part it just errored out. Now the P3 has a blank screen even when unplugging and re-plugging.

Im trying to use the Flasher tool and i know I'm using it right but because i have a mac I'm running the tool through Parallels and its just not working. Im using a USB - USB connection.

Is there a Mac version of the flasher software.....

If i just leave the profilux on and use the flasher i get a error straight away but if i unplug the profilux, plug it back in and then hit "full operation" it looks like its going to work but then the error comes up again "001 Download Error"

Hello,
    for using the flasher, you need a serial PC-connection. Either serial to serial or serial to serial/USB-adapter. The serial cable must be our original cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Hello,
    for using the flasher, you need a serial PC-connection. Either serial to serial or serial to serial/USB-adapter. The serial cable must be our original cable.
    Are you sure the cable must be GHL there are other people not using GHL cables. Also if I have to get one from you it will take weeks, I can't have my Profilux not working for a couple of weeks!!!!

OK got it working with a RS232-USB adaptor i brought.

I used the adaptor and the RS232 cable from the SMS unit.

Thanks