Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adjustment Illumination problems in PCL5

Default adjustment Illumination problems in PCL5

I just received my build in upgrade kit PL3. And have spent more than 2 hours to type in al my settings manually. My old PL2 plus worked perfect with PCL4.08. In PCL5.11 it's not that easy to set the illumination like a did in PCL4. I can't type in how many hours I want to clime till 100%. It looks that i will need to double the dimming points to get the same results.
    How do I set the clouds simulation?. I cannot get it operational. Do I have to set the time shift option What is the meaning of this option?
    Another thing my tube's stays on burning and don't switch of when the dimming point is set to 0%. I have L1-L2 (like before on the PL2) connected to an EVG-AP2

Hello,
    please download the according user manual for 5.11, there the functions like setting the dimming points and the clouds function is described in detail.
    Regarding the burning in, could you post screenshots of the settings (illumination run and settings 1-10V-interfaces)?

yes, the definition of the dimming points had been changed - this was a wish from many users when changing to 5.xx

I think it makes the programming a little easier, but you are right, you have to define more points

for the cloud simulation you have also to check the simulation settings for the illumination channels
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I fixed the 1-10V interfaces, the T5 lamps connected to these work fine, dimming and cloud simulation and they switch off by 0% . But the lamps in the DALI ballast don't. Dimming they do, cloudsimulation even so. When I manually take the illumination run assigned to the DALI lamps the do switch off. I set the DALI lamps again new numbering and assign illumination but that did not solve the problem.

so what you basically say is:

1.) manual illumination for standard ballasts work
    2.) manual illumination for DALI doesn't ballasts work
    3.) automatic illumination works for both

?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The T5 tubes on my DALI ballasts don.t switch off in automatic mode. In manually mode they do.
    Last edited by milestone; 17.04.2012 at 16:22.

please post all relevant settings as screenshots

I saw last night that the DALI ballast stay on 1% while the 1-10 V was 0%
    1-10 interfaces.jpgillumination 1-10V lamps.jpgillumination 1-10V lamps.jpgsimulation.jpg
    Last edited by milestone; 18.04.2012 at 11:32.

I tried several things to solve this problems, like making more dimming points of 0% during nighttime. But automatically it
    Switting back to 1%. During the night 1% light is a lot of night far more than a full moon.

But automatically it Switting back to 1%.
    I don't understand this sentence, what does this mean? What is it? The settings?