Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux 3EX Network Problem

please open new threads for new topics
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Well ok, but what about the existing topic. Do I have a fault with my system given that I have done everything you have told me and the GHL unit still falls off the network every few days and requires a reboot?

@Jeremy:
    You should consider to add a router to your setup (as mentioned above). I know, this is not a perfect solution but it works and it is cheap.

@Matthias:
    Matthias, this seems to be a problem in bigger networks where something crashes the network stack of the Profilux. If you wan't to test/debug this in our network be my guest.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mwxmwx View Post
    @Jeremy:
    You should consider to add a router to your setup (as mentioned above). I know, this is not a perfect solution but it works and it is cheap.

@Matthias:
    Matthias, this seems to be a problem in bigger networks where something crashes the network stack of the Profilux. If you wan't to test/debug this in our network be my guest.

Michael
    Yes I guess I could do this, I just don't really see why it should be necessary in the sense that there is obviously a problem with the GHL system and they should be the ones to fix it! Or they could pay for a router to sit in between their hardware and my network I suppose...

Hi, i have exactly the same problem.
    Profilux is disconnected from the network after few days ....
    Even if profilux is using a fixed address and router don't restart.
    I created a post several months ago without feedback.
    No, you are not alone ! ;-)
    best regards
    - Geoffroy

100X60X50 (cm) - 300 l. total net volume
    Profilux 3 + Dosing Pump - PH & Temp Probe - Level - 2 Powerbar 6D
    ATI Powercone 200 - Vertex UF-15 biopellet loaded
    Giesemann Matrix 8 X 39w

When Michael mentions a router, presumably you mean more than a switch? I.e. you need something that will take away the DHCP messages and insulate the Profilux from them? I'm asking only because that seems like an obvious place to start when it comes to debugging the root cause of this.

Out of interest, which router would you use and how would you configure it? If I setup a router in pass-through it will simply act like a switch which won't gain me anything - or will it?

Hi,

I have a Apple Airport Extreme. Previously it was configured as a switch and it pass-through anything from the bigger network (especially tons of broadcasts). In this configuration the PL3 stops networking after 1-3 days. Now it is configured as a router with NAT and a private network on the PL3 side.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mwxmwx View Post
    Hi,

I have a Apple Airport Extreme. Previously it was configured as a switch and it pass-through anything from the bigger network (especially tons of broadcasts). In this configuration the PL3 stops networking after 1-3 days. Now it is configured as a router with NAT and a private network on the PL3 side.

Michael
    Right ok but then that means a new (different) subnet and 2 sets of port forwarding required, plus a decent cheap router costs around £30. It also means that if the PL3 does fall off the network again it won't be possible to auto-scan from a PC connected on the outside of the NAT.

I appreciate your help here Michael, definitely. And I may well spend the money and time to configure this setup. But the clear fact is that GHL has created a problem and they need to fix it. After all, I spent just over EUR1,000 for this system and I could have gone with Aquatronica as I do at home but I choose this one because it had built-in networking.

GHL, please could you admit there's a problem and fix it rather than telling us that it must be our networks that are causing the issue.

I had the same issue since the beginning and was even on the initial testing user group... there is a network problem and it's really annoying when it's the only device on your network that is acting out like and thins and it's your network that's blamed.

The network stack is really not stable in the P3 compared to the old Xport module (wired) that the PII was using plus we lost the ability to do firmware update over the network.

The network stack is really not stable in the P3
    Can´t confirm that. Starting from firmware 5.06 (there was a prob before) my PL3 network connection is is rock solid. I perform all 5 minutes a request and it´s working for month (always until next FW release).

we lost the ability to do firmware update over the network.
    That´s a tecnical issue. LAN is part of the PL3 firmware, so an update via LAN is impossible. For PLII the LAN was never part of the firmware but realized with a LAN<>serial addon card. I´m not sure, but if you install another LAN card into the PLC update should be possible via the LAN port of this card [if you really need it]
    Last edited by Gunther; 24.04.2012 at 13:40.