Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Profilux 3EX Network Problem

Default Profilux 3EX Network Problem

Every 2-3 days my P3eX loose network connectivity. There is nothing wrong with my network itself, it is in my office and there are 25 computers attached Which all work. To fix this, I can power off and then on the P3eX and it works, but it stops after another 2-3 days again.

Previously it was working just fine, I have had it only since December 2011 so I am surprised it has stopped working so quickly.

Please can you help, I am using the latest firmware (5.11) and the latest software ProfiLuxControl. I am trying to access the webpage using a browser OR using the software, neither of them work until I turn it off-and-on again. Thank you.

Is the ProfiLux operating with a fixed IP?
    Did you check the router settings, especially the DHCP settings.
    The ProfiLux IP should be in an IP range locked for the DCHP (to avoid the IP is assigned to an other device)

The P3 is using DHCP, with a reservation based on its MAC address. The reservation is done on our PDC which is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprice, and is not overlapped by any other address pools. This configuration has NOT changed since I bought the P3 and has worked fine until very recently.

Are you suggesting that I should assign a fixed IP to the P3 that matches the reservation in the PDC?

Maybe this could be a solution.

We recommend the fixed IP, because the IP reservation maybe lost under some circumstances.
    With the result the PLC settings does not match anymore.

Some routers allow to define a DCHP range (work with fixed IPs and dynamic IPs)

Okay I've left the reservation in the DHCP settings but changed the LAN settings of the P3 to be static with an identical IP, I shall report back if the problem occurs again. Thank you.

The problem has happened again, sometime between last night and this morning. I am using a fixed IP as I said 3 days ago, and exactly the same issue has occurred.

Does this mean I have a hardware fault with my P3 and need to get it replaced, or is this is software / firmware fault?

Hello Jeremy,

you wrote
    Previously it was working just fine, I have had it only since December 2011
    so the hardware is working.

It seems something has changed in your network, maybe you can find out what this was.

Possibly another device gets the IP assigned from DHCP, which you are using as a fixed IP for your ProfiLux.

Does this mean I have a hardware fault with my P3 and need to get it replaced, or is this is software / firmware fault?
    nothing of both, please check the settings, maybe it helps to change the IP range of your DHCP server
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGelber View Post
    Every 2-3 days my P3eX loose network connectivity. There is nothing wrong with my network itself, it is in my office and there are 25 computers attached Which all work. To fix this, I can power off and then on the P3eX and it works, but it stops after another 2-3 days again.
    Jeremy,

I have exactly the same problem when I connect the PL3 to a bigger network (>100 computer). Now I have a small router (Apple AirPort Extreme) between the bigger network and the PL3 and anything is working fine.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwxmwx View Post
    Jeremy,

I have exactly the same problem when I connect the PL3 to a bigger network (>100 computer). Now I have a small router (Apple AirPort Extreme) between the bigger network and the PL3 and anything is working fine.

Mike
    Thanks, that might be something I do but I'd really like the thing just to play properly with my corporate network first.

Rather than leaving the reservation for the IP in the DHCP table, I've now manually excluded the fixed IP from the DHCP range altogether. So that means nothing can possibly be handed out that IP, although in all honestly it meant that before because unless some other device was MAC-spoofing and happened to spoof exactly the P3's MAC (highly unlikely!) it shouldn't have been possible to hand out the reserved IP in the first place.

We'll see if this new modification works, but it's a little disappointing that the network module in this thing doesn't seem to conform to the usual DHCP / IP standards. Everything else on the network is absolutely fine and never falls off, just the P3 - so it seems to me that the problem lies with the firmware rather than my network and I'm having to find workarounds on my domain controller as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGelber View Post
    Thanks, that might be something I do but I'd really like the thing just to play properly with my corporate network first.

Rather than leaving the reservation for the IP in the DHCP table, I've now manually excluded the fixed IP from the DHCP range altogether. So that means nothing can possibly be handed out that IP, although in all honestly it meant that before because unless some other device was MAC-spoofing and happened to spoof exactly the P3's MAC (highly unlikely!) it shouldn't have been possible to hand out the reserved IP in the first place.

We'll see if this new modification works, but it's a little disappointing that the network module in this thing doesn't seem to conform to the usual DHCP / IP standards. Everything else on the network is absolutely fine and never falls off, just the P3 - so it seems to me that the problem lies with the firmware rather than my network and I'm having to find workarounds on my domain controller as a result.
    So, it lost connection yet again. There is no question in my mind that the GHL network setup isn't responding correctly to a normal corporate network, despite having a fixed IP and the DHCP assignments being completely outside of that IP range.

In addition, I have a problem with the powerbar. One of the six plugs simply won't work, whatever I do. The red light comes on to show its powered but nothing flows through it.

Are there individual fuses for each plug which I would need to change possibly?