Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light spectrum of our new LED-lamp

Default Light spectrum of our new LED-lamp

Hi,

we are getting many questions regarding the used LEDs and what spectrum our lamp is producing.

I will (not yet) tell which LEDs we are going to use, but I can already tell you that we will use only first-class LEDs - max. efficacy, max. brightness and a constant spectrum over the temperature and the lifetime are extremely important. We will only use selected LEDs of the newest generation of well-known manufacturers.

With 8 independently adjustable LED colors the spectrum can be set (nearly) in any way you want, here are some examples:

Full.PNG
    all 8 channels at 100%, spectrum from 380 nm to 720 nm

Colorpeaks.PNG
    Peaks at several colors

No UV.PNG
    all channels without UV at 100%

UV+blue.PNG
    blue

UV+blue+white.PNG
    UV + blue + white
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Outstanding work! This really shows the GOODS of the light and how the light will perform in regards to each spectrum we are needing for our coral to photosynthesize.

Thanks for the information Matthias.

PAR tables next please

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

What is the type of white LED used? I understand that you do not want to reveal the manufacturer at this time, but is it cool white, neutral white, or warm white? Those are the conventional terms for white color spectrum in LED. I am not familiar with ultra white?

We're getting CLOSE! It wont be long now until this unit is unveiled and we get all the specs, details, and pictures of this unit!

I've got REALLY high hopes for this LED unit

Waiting!!!!

Saw this put out today guys

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=557712

Can someone also please explain what the hyper violet bulb surcharge is about, do I need it, how would I benifit by having it, why is there an additional cost for this lamp?.

Also can anyone tell me what the light spread of the units are as my tank is 5 x 2 x 2 so what would be the best way to light it with no dark areas, do we know yet how close they can be to the water surface and what mounting kits are going to be available for the units.

Sorry if its a load of questions but as I'm probably going to spend 2k on these lights, I want to know all I can about them up front

Gazz

we leave the choice - hyperviolett LEDs or not - to the customer, because not everyone needs or wants it

all details will come this week during Interzoo

our website will be updated next week with specs and pics etc.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Gazz I can't comment on the "HyperViolet" but I do know from first hand experience that "Violet" LED make some coral really pop that otherwise may not. It's very much like the "Purple" tint some T5 manufacturers (Higher End manufacturers) have incorporated into their bulbs over the last couple of years. From my LED experience the "Violets" make certain oranges and certain reds really POP with color. I would "guess" that this is what the HyperViolet might do as well.

In my tank here in my office (custom DIY LED) I have 4 Violet LED for this reason alone. Just the 4 Violet LED cost me almost $100 USD when everything was said and installed.

This is completely assumption going from my own personal experience with my LED.

That's what I'm looking for Al, thank you, obviously I want as much info on these as I can get before committing.

Anything by profilux IMO has to be a good buy and as the support is second to none I feel theses lights are going to rock the marine world

Gazz