Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ecoxotic, Radion or AI

Default Ecoxotic, Radion or AI

I've been researching a bit on led fixtures trying to decide best buy on several parameters. At the end I've simplified to the point to get a good quality product with good lighting performance for SPS reef, with a fair price and compatible with the profilux 3ex.

My short list is Ecoxotic Panorama retrofit 2D, AI sol blue (vega never comes...) and the famous ecotech Radion. I would also consider giesemann Teszla, but again seem to be coming but never arriving...

Radion seems to be a good choice for performance, a bad choice for price and a unknown choice for compatibility (nobody tells when integration with profilux will be available)
    AI seems to be a bit outdated in terms of performance (even many people stands that have the best PAR), a fair choice on price and the best choice on compatibility.
    Ecoxotic seems to be a good choice on performance, a great choice on price and a good choice on compatibility.

In the case of Ecoxotic I don't know how easy is the integration with the controller and how much functionality i will be able to expoit from the profilux (separate channel control, harware restrictions, etc...) I like very much the scalability of that fixture, you can add more LEDs, different Colors, etc... Relatively easily.

My reef tank is 300gal, 98 x 28 x 28.

I would apreciate someone's advise and feedback, also that from GHL

If you're not in a HUGE hurry you may want to just hang around and see what comes down the pipes. There is a rumor floating around that maybe GHL is going to release an LED unit.. it's totally rumor but is also a very logical assumption.

Check out this thread:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...ping-LED-lamps

Now for the lights that ARE available now... if I were buying right now it would be AI. If I could wait I'd shoot for Vega or Radions but there is no way I'd buy a Radion until after they released their control code so GHL could control it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Allen

Thanx Allen, I'm really not in a hurry but in the decision making process. I do agree with you that maybe in a few months there will be some interesting news in the market that could definitively change the current status. I just wonder when...

In your answer didn't mention Ecoxotic...

I liked to hear that GHL may come with an option, that could be nice as one of the important criterias is profilux integration... One thing I don't like from the Radion option is that seems to be difficulties in gettin the control code and on the other hand seems they also taken a direction to deliver their own app to control the lights, instead of using third parties... That has to be part of the high price we have to pay for the fixture... I would prefere a simpler app and a cheaper product with good integration with the profilux...

I also have in mind Giesemann as another great German company which for many years have been a reference for reef lightning fixtures, they could also deliver an excellent product with their Teszla... Is there any news about controling the Teszla from the profilux?

nobody from Giesemann asked us for a software implemetation in order to control the Teszla - actually I have no idea how they are controlled and what interface they have
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

David,

I didn't mention Ecoxotic because honestly I'm not familiar with them at all. In my own personal consideration they aren't "on my RADAR" in regards to lighting options but that doesn't mean anything negative towards them either. I just can't give an opinion because I've not seen them or researched them in the least.

I think Matthis covered your later question pretty well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    nobody from Giesemann asked us for a software implemetation in order to control the Teszla - actually I have no idea how they are controlled and what interface they have
    Maybe you can visit their forum and put a but in their ear about this. Who knows they may just be waiting for someone to mention it.

I'm really disappointed with Ecotech in every regard to the Radion. There was a time when I had such high hopes and expectations for them because of past experience with them. With recent information I'm slowly but surely dropping them lower on my "High End Equipment & Support" list.

pacific sun hyperion ?????

it beats these fixtures on led tech , color ( 8 channels ) and its controllable via profilux ( downside it takes a heap of L ports )

that one should be on your short list too

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    pacific sun hyperion ?????

it beats these fixtures on led tech , color ( 8 channels ) and its controllable via profilux ( downside it takes a heap of L ports )

that one should be on your short list too
    I'd wait at least the next several weeks to see what the "News" is from GHL. If they have an LED light fixture in the works it would be AWESOME! Worse case is they don't have one in the works and we get to hear about something else AWESOME! That's better than getting a "Brand A" and then going "Dooohhh! I should have waited to hear about the......??" Interzoo isn't that far away in the BIG scheme of things.

Thanx Mathias, that's bad news...
    Anyhow in their Internet site they announce that the lights features an interface to an existing aquarium computer...

http://www.giesemann.de/379,2,,.html

Quite surprising that Profilux is not...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    David,

I didn't mention Ecoxotic because honestly I'm not familiar with them at all. In my own personal consideration they aren't "on my RADAR" in regards to lighting options but that doesn't mean anything negative towards them either. I just can't give an opinion because I've not seen them or researched them in the least.

I think Matthis covered your later question pretty well...

Maybe you can visit their forum and put a but in their ear about this. Who knows they may just be waiting for someone to mention it.

I'm really disappointed with Ecotech in every regard to the Radion. There was a time when I had such high hopes and expectations for them because of past experience with them. With recent information I'm slowly but surely dropping them lower on my "High End Equipment & Support" list.
    I just questioned giesemann about Teszla integration with the Profilux, I'll post their answer...

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?povwu5