Thread: How to configure STDL-4 and Digital Power Bars with 4 unit dosing pump on a P3?

Lächeln How to configure STDL-4 and Digital Power Bars with 4 unit dosing pump on a P3?

I recently purchased a STDL-4 4 socket power bar and I am in the process of installing it.

I have a P3 and a Power bar 6D (not a PAB unit) plugged into S1S4 and a 4 unit doser daisy chained to it. Per the image below you can see that Sockets S1 through S10 are occupied.

Shouldn't I be able to plug the STDL-4 power bar into the S5S8 socket and start using it beginning with Socket 11 after a reboot?

If not, option two would be to use the S1S4 port with the STDL-4 power bar and configure the digital power bar and dosing unit to use S5S8 and sockets 5 through 15. Would that work? Obviously I would prefer to use the first option as it is a lot easier to configure.

It´s all shown in the screen shoot: At the moment 1-24 is assigned to the possible digital sockets, so the STDL-4 will be 25-28.
    If you change it , STDL-4 will be 1-4, the 6D will be 25-30 and the dosing unit 31-34

And no, there is no way to have continuous numbering.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? If my ATO (S5) or Heater (S6) is activated the corresponding sockets are activated on my STDL-4 power bar. In other words, when my water level is low or my temperature decreases the assigned sockets will be activated on my 6D and my STDL-4.

I guess I was confused and set up my STDL-4 based upon the information posted in this thread. Please see post #2 and the reply post #3.

Wirus, thank you for jumping in to help.

the assignment for non-digital powerbars is fixed - this means that the powerbar, which is connected to S5S8, reacts to socket channels 5 to 8

to avoid overlapping socket numbers: assign start number 9 to the digital powerbar

sockets 1 - 4 stay unused then
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

what happens when we reassign the starting number...does all the programing clear out or does it migrate to the new socket? i have a power bar digital and 4 pump dosing all programed...that i don't want things to go crazy when re assigning it..

The function stays with the socket. For example, if S1's function is "Always on" it will simply be on with whatever power bar is assigned to socket function S1.

I found reprogramming was pretty straight forward. I just took screen shots of the old set up and reassigned to the new.

Hope that helps...

I have successfully installed the Analog 4 Channel outlet to my system. I have the 4 channel outlet plugged into S1-S4 socket on the P3 and I am using Sockets 1-4 for the analog device. In addition I have the 6 channel Digital (non PAB) bar along with a 4 channel slave dosing pump.

Here is where I need help. I want to add a 6 channel digital PAB powerbar to the system. Can I configure it as follows?

S1-S4 4 Outlet Analog Bar
    S25-S30 6 Outlet Digital Bar (Non-PAB)
    S31-S36 6 Outlet Digital Bar PAB
    S37-S40 4 Pump Slave Doser

How would I set this up such that all devices work in harmony? If it makes a difference I have two other PAB devices (Vortech Controller and the Profilux Touch) in the system.

If there is a better way to configure this please advise.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Instead of the above configuration I set things up as follows:

S1-S4 OPEN/NOTHING (Can't have an analog device setup on or plugged into a digital channel)
    S5-S8 4 Outlet Analog Powerbar (Plugged into S5-S8 port on P3, defaults to S5, S6, S7 and S8)
    S9-S14 6 Outlet Digital Powerbar (Non-PAB)
    S15-S18 4 Pump Slave Doser*
    S19-S24 6 Outlet Digital PAB Power Bar

Everything is working as expected and I reached my goal of adding a second 6 outlet digital powerbar to the system. Thanks to Reefbytes.com for insisting on the PAB vs. the standard digital powerbar. It would have been much more difficult to program a power bar into the system given the 24 channel limitations when using analog and digital (non-PAB) devices together.

*I was originally attempting to program my doser to S21-S24 but the system would not allow me to do so. Why is that?
    Last edited by Rotknee; 30.12.2012 at 01:29. Reason: solved problem after many hours of reading...lol

*I was originally attempting to program my doser to S21-S24 but the system would not allow me to do so. Why is that?[/QUOTE]

Where is the Dosing Unit plugged in?

Hello Carolin...

The dosing unit is plugged into the 6 outlet (non-PAB) powerbar. The powerbar is plugged into S1-S4 socket.