Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this true? GHL is developing LED lamps??

Looking good mate, how many would I need for my 5x2x2, is there going to be a mounting kit for them, AND HOW MUCH££££££ lol

Gazz

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Looking good mate, how many would I need for my 5x2x2, is there going to be a mounting kit for them, AND HOW MUCH££££££ lol

Gazz
    That pretty much asks the most frequent questions I'm hearing on this side of the pond.

This is going to rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    That pretty much asks the most frequent questions I'm hearing on this side of the pond.

This is going to rock!!
    Yes Al, I'm even going to sell my bike to fund these if I like them, anyone want to buy a zx9r lol

Gazz

for me its all depends on the price

if GHL puts these higher then the ecotechs it is not going to happen ever.
    since the led tech is still fast evolving, I can't and will not pay that much premium for leds, All the stories about earning back, long live time for the leds 10 years etc....
    IF someone is still running First gen leds over their tanks in 10 years they are fouls imho and even the makers of these module 'known' this because they are nearly all upgradability story => with 'all' the modules being upgradable => you need to calculate they upgrades also.

so if they sell you the module they are counting that they sell some upgrades too

Since all things considered a good thing about LEDs is that the T5 tube are lowering in price ))
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 02.05.2012 at 18:11.

Where do I send my $$$ to?

Blahenazo you make VERY valid points but I have been running LED over one of my tanks for over 3 years now. Granted when we designed this unit we used the Latest & Greatest technology available at the time and it was VERY expensive especially compared to the price for units today. With that being said... I'm AS happy today if not MORE SO than I was the day I installed them. The tank literally jumped to life (keep in mind I did upgrade from Compact Florescent to LED), tanks temps stabilized, and evaporation all but stopped. Going LED is the single biggest upgrade I've done to my tanks other than ATO which I now consider an integral part of my tanks "Life Support System" and no longer consider ATO an option or upgrade.

Doc I'm pretty sure you're "covered" in that respect.

Now to get some PAR readings on these and coverage specs so we can help people plan their new GHL LED installations.

Yeah I just need to know what the size on these bad boys?
    It looks like the Giesemenn lights. if thats the case I think I am going to be lucky and be able to run one unit on my tank!!!!!
    Whooooooo hoooooooo
    This just made my day.