Thread: Sensor reset ?

Sensor reset ?

Hello,

I have a profilux Terra and it's wired with a temp/humidity sensor. It was working just fine but when I just took the power off the profilux to change the wires to the lights and turned it back on my display is reading:
    Temp: 0.0
    Humid: 0.0%

I have reset the profilux but the readins stay the same, does this mean a power reset broke the sensor ???

the sensor is automatically reset after a power-cycle -> it must restart when power is back

maybe you accidentally damaged the cable or connector of the sensor?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I could not find anything wrong with the sensor, but I figured it might have been broken for an unknown reason, so I ordered a new temp/humid sensor.

It just arrived per mail today and I just plugged it in .... Temp: 0.0 c // Humid: 0.0%

This sucks ... I just spent €100.79 and it appear's it wasnt the problem
    I'm going to try and update the firmware and see if that helps

Updated firmware to 5.11 and updated controll center. Still getting 0.0 values.
    Opened the Profilux case to check the connector and I can visually confirm the cable connector and the socket are fine.

Is it possible I recieved a sensor that was already defective?

no, very unlikely

is the sensor connected directly to PLM-Humi-Temp or is there an extension cord between?

if so - please try without it
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

there is no extension, only the sensor itself.

then it seems the card is broken

the card? you mean the entire profilux 2 terra? this one does not have seperate cards...

I'm assumuming this falls under warrenty then, since only original devices were used.

please contact your supplier for details in a warranty case