Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to access Profilux Control software over an external IP..?

Idee Is it possible to access Profilux Control software over an external IP..?

I have several clients now using Profilux3's to operate their reef tanks, and I would love to be able to have the ability to be able to access them all as needed from my desk.

Is it possible to somehow set the {CONNECT} to connect to an external IP over the internet..?

FWIW: I'm using the latest ver: 5.1.1.3 of the software. The firmware of the controllers will vary a bit, as to when they were installed. I currently have 5 Profilux3's in operation.

If this is possible, any details would be very helpful.

-Tim

add a new connection then put in the ip address.

I tried that, and though it would at first show that it was connected, no info ever appeared and the connection was droppd.

I can obviously connect into the P3's own lousey webserver which provides very limited access, but I need the ability to gain full programming control. This means being able to adjust and change every possible setting as if I were connecting via a USB cable.

-Tim

You need to open and forward port 10001 on the target sites to use PLC via Internet.

external ip: portnumber and set the port open in your router.

all the above is correct and possible. But you have to also know that the IP at each location could potentially change at any time due to their ISP etc. Getting a dedicated STATIC IP would resolve this but potentially cost the customer a few dollars a year.

Our local ISP doesn't change our IP's very often at all. I've only ever had it changea couple of times in over 6 years nw.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TGreene View Post
    Our local ISP doesn't change our IP's very often at all. I've only ever had it changea couple of times in over 6 years nw.

-Tim
    That's great but odds are the one time you NEED to log into a clients ProfiLux will be immediately after their ISP changes the IP of your client

"Dynamic DNS" is the secret
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have a dynamic dns, and am able to open the webserver through port 80.
    I cannot connect profilux control over the same port? I had no luck so far at least...