Thread: 'less or equal' or higher or equal

Default 'less or equal' or higher or equal

Hello,

Why is it not possible to have this option in the logic part of this controller ?

if I take ph for example I only have increase , decrease , alarm

But forexample if I want to make a smart ATO , that adds fresh water if my sal probe is higer or eqaul to my sal
    and I would add salt water if my sal is lower then my sal.

currently the profilux takes no decision if its on target and the alarm goes off after a while because my ato goes into alarm

offcourse to avoid to get the profilux confused you can not have more then 1 time 'x or equal' for the same sensor in the same logic.

• Why is it not possible to have this option in the logic part of this controller ?

Cause logic function is strictly digital. The keyword is 'boolean logic'

forexample if I want to make a smart ATO , that adds fresh water if my sal probe is higer or eqaul to my sal and I would add salt water if my sal is lower then my sal.
    Where´s the problem? You need two sockets in any case, one for fresh water and one for salt water, so you can code
    • logic with level low AND sal probe controlling downwards for fresh water attached to fresh water pump/valve
    • logic with level low AND sal probe controlling upwards for salt water attached to salt water pump/valve

Not very difficult I think ...

offcourse to avoid to get the profilux confused you can not have more then 1 time 'x or equal' for the same sensor in the same logic.
    Sure you can. You simply have to create a virtual sensor for that. This sensor you also can use together with the normal one in one logic
    Last edited by Wirus; 01.02.2012 at 21:40.

Apperently It seems to be more difficult than you thought because => There is a flaw in your proposed logic (and that's what I'm talking about )

This profilux has hysteris where it takes no decision for higher or lower
    and so what if the sal is spot (within hystersis) => the profilux takes no decision !! => ATO fails !

sdf.jpg
    BUT there is a solution ( but I tried it my redox probe, didn't want to play with sal on my tank )

to create equal
    logic 1 redox not decrease and redox not increase

so to get equal or .... you can add extra logic slot to get what I want.

so that is 2 slot to make an equal or

so I can make it work but I still prefer if GHL would add a condition 1 or more operators ( equal <= which would be not 'equal' in the strict sense of the word but equal as within hysteresis )
    in code its some extra code to of flipping some bit if its within hystereris and while they are at it make equal or ....

Last edited by Blahenazo; 02.02.2012 at 20:25.

This profilux has hysteris where it takes no decision for higher or lower
    If that´s a prob, you can use an additional logic sensor with a shifted req. value