Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimmablle ballast info needed

Default Dimmablle ballast info needed

Hi all,

I have question regarding ATI dimmablle ballasts.
    I use now a flora-mate to control my 6 T5 bulbs. They are connected by 3 VSA's 2x39W 1-10V 0-100%.
    The problem I have with the flora-mate was that the don't dim 100% light intense. So their is always light burning by 0%
    I have bought the pr3ex with 2 evg each 2 channels cards for the new setup. My question is as follow:
    When I have everything setup as before with the setup as on the flora-mate do I have the same problem that the bulbs not dim 100%???
    Do I have this problem because flora-mate can't dim the vsa's or do I have a problem with the vsa's.
    I need to have an answer because otherwise I need to buy 3 new dimmablle vsa's who can do it.

Profilux EVG-AP-2F

I have bought two EVG-AP-2F-HIC. About connections etc etc it is no problem. It is for me important that my bulbs will dim really 0% light intense. The flora mate say 0% but there is still around 10 % light burning when it suppose to be 0%.
    I am wondering if I will have the same problem with the profi3.
    And if the problem is the computer or the vsa's

The flora mate say 0% but there is still around 10 % light burning when it suppose to be 0%.
    Then the EVG-AP-2F-HIC are not connected right. If you change from 1% to 0% you must hear a click and the power to the ballast is cutted off.

Mmmm, i believe thier is a misunderstanding regarding my question and I will try to explain my question more in detail.

1. I am running now my lightning controlled by a flor-mate Computer. My ballasts and computer are simply controlled with a Timer what shut down the power of from the ballasts and start up in the morning again. In this setup I don't use the EVG Prints but a simple timer clock. In this setup my computer (flora mate) say it suppose to be 0% light. In reallity I still have. Around 10% or 5% lightning. Until my timer clock say it is time to close.

2. My new setup will be the profilux 3 ex computer with evg-ap-2f-HIC prints. Now I was wondering if my bulbs will do the same when I controlle it with the profilux? I know this evg will shut down automatic the power of by 0V but do I still have this light burning before 0 %.

1) This is a known behavior of all 1-10V ballasts. They will not switch off at 0% but glow with minimal light. You have to cut of power to switch off completely.
    2) A L-Port of the profilux has beside the 1-10V line also a contact for switch off - it controls the relais of the EVG-AP-2F-HIC so 0% is really off (if wired correctly)

Regarding point 1, is there difference in kind of brand of dimmabble ballasts with min light or is this for all the same.

As said: For it´s the same for all 1-10V ballasts (but not for DALI)

OK, So when I really want to dim to say 0 I will need other kind of ballasts. is this correct or not? So when I want to do this what kind of ballast (DALI) do I need than in mind that they have to be controlled by my profilux. I mean brand name etc etc
    Last edited by michelg; 29.01.2012 at 18:19.

OK, So when I really want to dim to say 0 I will need other kind of ballasts.
    No. Due tecnical reasons (unstable arc at low values) tubes are not dimable to 0%. You can dim down to a very low value and then you have to swich off. That affects all dimable tubes, regardless of the ballast and steering signal. If you want smooth dimming to zero, you have to use LEDs.

An 1-10V ballast alone is not able to switch off, but in combination with a GHL EVG-AP of any kind it is.

But I´ve wrote that before .....

DALI is possible and able to switch off completely, but you need DALI ballasts (any brand) and a GHL DALI card. Due reported problems in some environments I would not recommend to use DAL
    Last edited by Wirus; 29.01.2012 at 22:18.