Thread: Troubleshooting Intermittent Readings from Optical Level Sensor

Default Troubleshooting Intermittent Readings from Optical Level Sensor

I currently have an optical level sensor connected to the level port on a Profilux Plus II and am trying to troubleshoot a problem where the sensor changes between on and off without the water level changing. Can anyone provide the pinout of the level port so that i can pinpoint the problem?

Thanks in advance.

how did you mount the optical sensor => its needs to be horizontal to the water level.

Hi,

Yes it is horizontal to the water. The sensor is attached to a PL-LF-Base with an PL-LF-S12-angled adapter.

Cheers,

to what did you set your reaction time for level or ATO 10 sec is a good starting point. otherwise it can on/off alot.

I have set it to 15 seconds, the sensor is submerged when the top off is complete.

but does it switch ?

if it takes to long to take action you can reduce the reaction time.

Yes it does switch most of the time, but sometimes it will start topping up for a brief second and then stop, even though the sensor is submerged. Other times it takes a long time to sense the water level has dropped and then start to top up.

is your sensor connector correctly connected your your profilux. Float sensor connectors are less fermly connected then bnc connectors.

Yes, the sensors are firmly connected and seated correctly and the behaviour still occurs.

then I guess you need to contact your reseller , to see if the sensor it self is working ok .