Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking @ Premade LED Units that work with Profilux 3EX

Default Looking @ Premade LED Units that work with Profilux 3EX

Basically i'm wanting to upgrade my lighting unit for my 400L 1.5m tank. I've got a MH unit which holds 2x250W DE bulbs with 2x 54w T8 tubes.

Making the most of my GHL system i was wondering if there any any LED units that will work with the Profilux easily so can simulate lightning storms, sunrise etc.

There are some options:
    1) 0-10V
    2) pwm steering
    3)buildin GHL support

1) you also have the normal 0-10V analog steering ledlamp

2) PS are an option (via PWM )
    , BUT .... with the new upcoming PS hyperion I don't like the GHL interface option anymore ( if you need 8L channels to steer this lamp, via this module http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...dcontrol4.html ) This module changes the L analog signal in a 256b resolution PWM channel )

But if they use the PWM method on the hyperion that is 2 such modules => 4 l ports and the hyperion is upgradedable to 12 channels. this is getting ......

Now if their was a PAB , to PWM module with 8 or more channels , => yess please ( while your at it GHL increase the PWM resolution => 256 ) is not as smooth as the PS controller.

3) buildin in profilux module of AI can be controlled via the serial connection

BUT .... (again ) rumors say the upcomming AI will have more buildin etc... so it remains to be seen how this will work with our profilx

3 bis) maybe if we are lucky ecotech will make this radion leds controllable via the current ecotech ghl module

SO I'm a bit skeptical about the trend I see in the led industrie every ledlamp maker is trying to push his own controller to the user ( marketing !!!! , you can charge extra for your controller , and you bind you clients to your productsn)
    and since they have a controller anyway they add more stuff to distinct them from other lamp makers. so the light controller gets a webinterface (because web is still a buzz words ) or they make a fancy Ipad application , then they add pomp controller (offcourse because those cool thunderstorm ) then they add a temp sensor etc.....

And I'm not talking BS here => PS has buildin webinterface andI thought it also support pump support ,
    Ecotech , radion steers pumps etc.... Vertex illu they have their on controller.

So in the end we will have alot of controllers and I just want my profilux )))))
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 25.01.2012 at 21:19.

ehuem sorry about my rant but I got carried away !

Haha thats all good, I've never used LED's before nor know anything about them but thanks!!!!

I did find http://www.pacific-sun.eu/index.php?...d=78&Itemid=78 which is promising, will try find some reviews.

I have the pacific-sun led lamps and can say only 1 thing they are The Best there is. No,.. not made of rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by onno10 View Post
    I have the pacific-sun led lamps and can say only 1 thing they are The Best there is. No,.. not made of rubber.
    Which model do you have?

I have a 400L tank 151cm long * 51 cm wide * 66 cm deep - which model should i have?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentone View Post
    Which model do you have?

I have a 400L tank 151cm long * 51 cm wide * 66 cm deep - which model should i have?
    I have the Phobos 2x 160 watt led and 2 x 54 watt t5. The led is running at 75 % . My tank is 160x60x60 cm. Sps is growing very good. For your tank 2 x 120 watt will be ok.

for me its the following:

if AI brings out their new version (phoenix) it will be intresting

if I may assume the AI phoenix is on par with the current AI modules but with more features etc...

AI phoenix
    ecotech
    pacific sun
    illumina vertex

1 ) phoenix AI
    assuming the phoenix improve on features ( more led channels, wireless module connections , no serial interface to the profilux but something else)

2) ecotech , i like ecotech , but the price OOOUCH but if you compare the led tech it leaves room for improvement (led tech is 'old' XP-G and run them @ 5 watt ???? ), if we can steer radions via our ecotech profilux module ? =< yeahah
    and its is a nice package

3 ) PS: I don't like the hyperion T5 54 watt format. so that is my biggest drawback (I want small modules, so I can light the parts of the tank I want )
    I'm also worried about the led color schadowing, because its not a point light source ( like the pods of the others )
    8 channel PWM ??? alot of l ports

4) vertex the price , with the vertex I like the pods setup but it has light spread ( more then any other led light ), but I don't see it linking to our profilux soon (cerebra ) and the price !!!
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 26.01.2012 at 19:42.

Thanks for all the research Blahenazo.
    Have been looking, but you have condensed it down nicely.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Here is a list of who uses GHL for their lamps....not all are plug and play but GHL supported.

• Pacific Sun
    • A.I
    • Radion
    • TMC AQUA RAY
    • Sviligio
    • ATI
    • Geismann
    • Ecoxotic

There are lots more also