Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballast 1 is not dimming using the Profilux EVG-AP-2F

Default Ballast 1 is not dimming using the Profilux EVG-AP-2F

I have 2 Meanwell 60-48d ballasts connected to the ballast 1 port of a Profilux EVG-AP-2F Ballast Control Board. I'm also using a 60-48d ballast connected to the ballast 2 port and it dims fine. The ballast 1 turns on/off just fine but runs at 100% power whether it's set to 1% to 100%. I doubled checked the connections and everything appears fine. I assume it's pin 2 on the x105 on the board that controls the dimming, but it certainly appears connected.

When I first implemented the board it was working fine and just recently noticed that it had stopped. Any suggestions on how to fix this or do I just have a bad board?

We recommend to do the following: exchange ballast 1 at port 1 (which can't be dimmed)
    with the ballast working at the other port 2 (by changing the connections accordingly).

I switched the ballasts between port 1 & 2 and still have the same problem - port 1 does not dim while port 2 dims fine. I also re-wired pins 1-6 to make sure I don't have a connection problem there.

Any other suggestions? Do I just have to get a new Ballast Control Board?

Do you perhaps have a voltage meter?
    Then you could measure if a voltage comes out at x104 at port 1. E.g. for 50% dimming it should be around 5V.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tested the voltages at 1%, 25%, 50%, and 100%. Ballast 1 is getting 11.3V all the time. Ballast 2 is getting 1.1V, 3.2V, 5.5V and 9.9V respectively.

that can mean 2 things

1) configuration issue
    your voltage of the L poort is wrongly configured ( easily checked in PLC ) and manual illumination can help to trouble shoot.
    or you could switch the illumination channels in PLC and retest )

2 ) broken profilux
    your L port always outputs 11,3 , no matter what you configure in the profilux
    which would indicate a faulty L port

Good suggestions. I checked the configuration in PLC. I'm using L3L4 for a Profilux SimuL bar (and dimming both colors works fine) and L5L6 for my LED drivers. All 4 L ports are configured the same, min 1 V, max 10 V. I swapped the two and plugged the SimuL bar into L5L6 and it works fine, both colors dim individually. I believe that means that both L5L6 are working properly. I then connected the EVG-AP-2F to the L3L4 ports and got the same results that I was getting before, ballast 1 dims, ballast 2 does not.

I think that confirms to me that there is a problem with the EVG-AP-2F board.

Ballast 1 is getting 11.3V all the time.
    Is it possible you have interchanged Pin 1 (permanently 12V - black cable) and Pin 2 (dim channel #1 - brown)?
    Check if pin 1 output lover voltage than 10V @ 50% dimmming

Double checked wiring. Pin 1 is black and pin 2 is brown - no loose wires. I couldn't get my volt meter probes in the holes so will have to check the voltage by pulling out the wires. Didn't have time to do that today.

there are these options:
    - cable is defective
    - wiring is wrong
    - EVG-AP is broken (somewhere a short-circuit)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.