Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x times powerbar 4

Default 2x times powerbar 4

Hi there,
    I have a PL3ex with currently 1 powerbar 4 on S1/S4 and Dosingunit which is connected on the S5/S8.
    Now i have to little sockets however a powerbar 6D does not fit in my cabinet so i want to purchase an extra powerbar 4 and connect this to my profilux.
    The question is how, do i need to purchase and extra S expansion card (if available) or can is cascade it true my extra slot on the dosing unit? If so how to program?

Why is there no digital powerbar 4??

Hope some one can give a swift reply....

txs,

do i need to purchase and extra S expansion card
    Yes. The powerbar 4 is not cascadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    Yes. The powerbar 4 is not cascadable.
    Ok, are there s extention cards available? If so whats is the product number?

PLM-2L4S ( it gives 1 L slot and 1 S slot )

if space is An issue why not use this : (you have a 3ex anyway so why not go for pab ? ) and it saves alot of space
    Powerhub-6D-PAB

Last edited by Blahenazo; 01.01.2012 at 10:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    (you have a 3ex anyway so why not go for pab ? ) and it saves alot of space
    Powerhub-6D-PAB
    Yes, i have looked at this, but i still don't understand how its used? This is placed between PL3ex and Powerbar4 true PAB cable? So the exciting power bar is cascaded on the Powerhub?
    How do i connect electronic equipment on the powerhub, do i have to cut off plugs and connect directly on the cable?
    What are the S nr's true this device? How is it programed on the PL3?

Maybe someone can make a clear drawing of how it would look like in my position....
    txs for any assistance...

but i still don't understand how its used?
    It´s a device for rail mounting into a fuse box. You need to have enough space inside a fuse box nearby and also you need up to six additional standard plug sockets. And of course, you need anyone who´s capable to do the needed wiring. It´s not a plug and play device. It´s designed for bigger tanks with fuse boxes and fixed wiring

I managed it by installing a extra (PLM-2L4S) card and by plugging an extra 4 powerbar on this S port.

config is:

1e powerbar 4 on S1/4 in PLC socket function S1 till 4
    Dosing unit 4 on S5/8 in PLC socket funtion S25 till 28
    2e powerbar 4 on S9/12 in PLC socket funtion S9 till 12

However what surprised me is why GHL doesn't provide a 4 digital powerbar?? This realy would benefit users!
    So GHL, please let me know why the powerbar 4 is still analoge, as more and more we move towards digital??

why GHL doesn't provide a 4 digital powerbar?? This realy would benefit users!
    I suggest costs would be nearly the same as for a six-socket bar, so no one would buy it.

An other point is that it would be longer than the analogue one, so it also may not fit into your cabinet.
    Last edited by Wirus; 13.01.2012 at 14:25.

Well thats the case with the 6 powerbar now... If it's remains within 50cm (analogue = 40cm) im intrested, Bedsides i think that we should keep moving forward so all digital...

4 socket digital bleh

why not
    8 digital

but put the sockets 4 by 2 ( so shorter in the lenght but more width on the powerbar)