Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Salinity Control Again

Hello,
    I'm using firmware 6.02.

What happens is that when my salinity current value is 50mS and my Nominal value is 50mS, so there is no increase or decrease needed, but my water level in my sump is low, som i want to have it fill up. but that don't work.

and here is a screenshot.
    Conduct.jpg

I have just tested it using 5.17. And you are right, if the salinity stays at the nominal set value then there is no water feed to the top up system.
    It needs to rise above hysteresis to turn on water.

I don't seem to have your problem though and I think one of the main differences is that you have your signal filter set very high.
    If a large amount of fresh water has evaporated then I would expect the salinity to climb, even slightly.
    Try setting to 5 and see if this will allow a better response on you conductivity probe settings.
    I have mine set to 6.

The other thing I note is your current salinity is very low, I presume you have this out of the tank or you are doing some sort of testing.

I will upgrade to 6.02 this weekend, but as this same issue is happening with the lower version, I don't expect a difference.

OK I have made a amendment to the programmable logic to get around this issue.

Select your PL For the top up of RO water, select fill water(ATO only) one input, DO NOT select salinity decrease for the other, but select the output of the Seawater programmable logic and invert the function. Ensure AND is set.

This will mean it will always top up RO water into the tank when the level is low, EXCEPT when the tank is being topped up by Seawater because the salinity is low.
    Have not physically tested, but did a simulation on the software and seemed to work.
    Last edited by Antipodes; 10.12.2013 at 20:38. Reason: Added info on Programmable logic change
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

oke thanks, i will give it a try tonight.. i will let you know if it works or not...

Thanks, i have tested it and it runs great. so this problem is solved.

I know that my salinity is a little bit out of range, expiremented alot.

Cool, good to know.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!