Thread: Auto top off question

Default Auto top off question

Hi

I have just installed an optical level sensor and I have a couple of questions about the options in PLC to set it up.

"maximal on-time": Is this a safety feature so that if the sensor fails the pump stops after a while? If so, how long until the pump starts again?

What does input inverse mean? Is this for floating sensors that are upside down or is it something completely different?

Thank you very for all the help and Merry Christmas.

cant answer the first question because i have never timed it, but your ATO sensor is in the off position until the water level drops, inverse means it will be in the on position until the water level drops

HTH
    Gazz

Thank you very much for that Gazz. So that would be helpful for automatic water changes for example, am I right? Any other examples where this might be used?

Maximal-on-time

It's the maximum time the refilling pump will work. If the level sensor fails or something is disturbing the level sensor, it would not stop adding water to your system. If the time reaches maximum-on-time, ProfiLux will raise a level alarm and it will stop all the parameters concerning that level sensor (for example, Water 1). It won't start that level functions again, until you manually reset the alarm (unless you activate auto-reset alarm function)
    GHL Iberia

Thank you very much that makes a lot of sense now!