Thread: Help!!!

Ausrufezeichen Help!!!

I can't believe this has happened

Just got my new Touch and i tried to update the firmware, what i didn't realize is that i had the Profilux and the Touch plugged into power bars so when i unplugged all the PAB power bars (as you can only have the PAB device you are updating connected) to only have the touch plugged in, i started the update and it had only just started to read the file and then the touch and my profilux turned off......

Now when i plug in the touch only the power LED is going, not the Coms LED and the touch itself only displays the startup screen...

HELP, i hope i haunt broken it, its brand new and i was so excited to get it!!!

Ive tried everything, it won't even show up in the PAB menu on the profilux and i have a PABcom alarm because it can't find it. Ive tried different ports, different cables and nothing, the PAB LED is dead.....

i also noticed before i upgraded that when i plugged in the Touch, all the comm LED's on the touch and power bars were flashing fast....

now things are getting strange....

On the rest of the devices the Comm LED is not blinking properly, sometimes it seems to stutter... also i updated my Vortech Module to 1.03 but it reads as 1.06... when i un-assign it in the PAB menu and then go to re-assign it, its already check marked...... what is going on?!?!?!

Ok, try following:

First make a PAB Reset (ProfiLux Menu -> System -> Configure PAB)
    Disconnect all PAB devices at ProfiLux except for the ProfiLux Touch-Interface (only ProfiLux and Touch connected at PAB)
    Select in PLC menu -> File -> Firmware update PAB-device and choose ProfiLux Touch firmware file
    We confirm the message "Do you want to update a ProfiLux Touch now?" with yes
    We accept following message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" with yes
    The Update should start

If this fails, disconnect the Touch-Interface from its power supply
    Select in PLC menu -> File -> Firmware update PAB-device and choose ProfiLux Touch firmware file
    We confirm the message "Do you want to update a ProfiLux Touch now?" with yes
    Wait for the message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?"
    reconnect the Touch-Interface to the PowerSupply
    ...and within 5s...
    accept message "Error! No PAB device is connected! Try update anyway?" with yes
    Last edited by GHL Support; 14.12.2011 at 09:00.

Awesome Frank, your second instructions works Im the happiest person in the world

All the COMM LED's on the power bars and things are still flashing really fast and in no pattern.

any luck with the COMM LED issue?

Also why is the Vortech Module showing 1.04??