Thread: how many Extra splitters and LEDControl-1 do I need?

Frage how many Extra splitters and LEDControl-1 do I need?

Hi Carolin,

I already have 2 TMC aquastrip 600's on ports L5 and L6 and an TMC 1000 aquatile on L7 & L8. The tiles are connected each by their own "splitter cables"and 4 x LEDControl-1. this enables profilux to control their time & dimming . I have a free port at L10 but not L9. all other ports are occupied. I also have 4 TMC XG 1500 aqua tiles on the ghl plug bar which i can only time but not dim. I want to free up the plug bar sockets and dim these extra 4 tiles (8 channels)

What do I need (in terms of Tunze Splitters and "LEDControl-1") I assume that you can add a splitter to an existing splitter but means that share the same timings

Therefore Currently set up:
    profi 3ex with extra 4 L ports via PL-0370 ( PLM-4L GHL-Profilux Dual 1-10V Interface Expansion Card)

• L1 & L2 already connected to Simi moon /sunrise spot
    • L3 & L4 already connected to Tunze pumps
    • L5 & L6 with splitter & 2x LED control-1 already dims a TMC aqua tile 1000 channels A & B
    • L7 & L8 with splitter & 2x LED control-1 already dims 2 x TMC600 strips
    • L9 already connected to propellor breeze (5 fan)
    • L10 is unused

I would like to free up the plug bar sockets and dim these as yet undimmed tiles.

ALSO If I add a further tunze pump to L10 -I presume I would need a tunze splitter but it work with propellor breeze or am I better putting splitter on existing splitter at L3? and use L10 as extra channel for light control?

What do I need in terms of:
    • (PL-0096 )led lighting splitters and where do they go?
    • howmany "LEDControl-1's "?
    • PROFILUXTUNZEKIT**- use port L3 (preferred) or L10
    • anything else needed?

as I have no more room on the box to take more add in cards, I presume some of the channels will then control more than one light?
    Last edited by MAKDENTAL; 11.12.2011 at 18:45. Reason: incorrect information!

Anybody help?
    Carolin?

come on ghl - i want to order!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKDENTAL View Post
    • (PL-0096 )led lighting splitters and where do they go?
    • howmany "LEDControl-1's "?
    Unfortunately the lamp type "TMC XG 1500 aqua tiles" is not known to us and therefore we can't tell
    you exactly how this can be controlled. You would have to contact the lamp manufacturer and ask
    if it can be controlled by two LED-Control1 each. Assumed this is the case, then there would be the following option:

With 10x YL2 you could connect the 12 LED-Control1 as follows:
    L5L6: 5x YL2 + 6 LED-Control1 - controlled by 2 channels
    L7L8: 3x YL2 + 4 LED-Control1 - controlled by 2 channels
    L9L10: PropellerControl + 2x YL2 + 2 LED-Control1 - controlled by 1 channel

In order to avoid this kind of cable tangle, we would rather recommend to use an Expansion Box as an alternative option.

• PROFILUXTUNZEKIT**- use port L3 (preferred) or L10
    With one YL2-cable and one Tunze 1 or 2 cable you can connect in total 3 pumps to
    L3L4, of course two pumps will then run parallely.
    GHL Store
    www.ghl-store.com

Thankyou for your reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GHL Store View Post
    Unfortunately the lamp type "TMC XG 1500 aqua tiles" is not known to us and therefore we can't tell
    you exactly how this can be controlled. You would have to contact the lamp manufacturer and ask
    if it can be controlled by two LED-Control1 each. Assumed this is the case, then there would be the following option:
    I do believe these tiles "TMC Aquabeam 1500 XG Ultima" to be more precise will work if each are powered by 2 of your "LED-Control1". As I have 5 tiles and 4 "TMC Aquaray 600" meaning I need 14 LED-Control1. Therefore I think your arithmetic needs amending for Ports:
    • L5-6 supply-> 7* "YL2-splitters" +8 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 4* "TMC Aquabeam 1500 XG Ultima"
    • L7-8 supply-> 3* "YL2-splitters" +4 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 4* "TMC Aquaray 600"
    • L9-10 supply-> 2* "YL2-splitters" +2 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 1* "TMC Aquabeam 1500 XG Ultima" plus propeller breeze

I cant see any advantage in an expansion box except 4 more lighting channels (5 seperate lighting channels is enough for my needs and I am still going to need alot of cable tidy either way!) and a big disadvantage is more expense Please correct me if better way?

Anyway a total of 14 splitters and 10 LED-control1. Does this look right?

Alternativly:
    • use TMC's aquaray controller that would manage 8 channels at about £170 (offset against 8 * "LED-control1" + about 9 splitters) but I would loose direct control through Profilux. However far cheaper!
    • Do GHL have an alternative to LED-Control1 for managing multiple LED units?

Ideas please!
    Last edited by MAKDENTAL; 27.12.2011 at 10:59.

• L5-6 supply-> 7* "YL2-splitters" +8 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 4* "TMC Aquabeam 1500 XG Ultima"
    • L7-8 supply-> 3* "YL2-splitters" +4 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 4* "TMC Aquaray 600"
    • L9-10 supply-> 2* "YL2-splitters" +2 "LED-Control1" =2 channels for GHL to control 1* "TMC Aquabeam 1500 XG Ultima" plus propeller breeze

Anyway a total of 14 splitters and 10 LED-control1. Does this look right?
    Yes, that would be possible - but please note that at L9L10 there will be only one channel for the LED-Control1,
    since L9 is already used by the Propeller control.