Thread: Alarm buzzer selectable from the User

Default Alarm buzzer selectable from the User

Now that the new leackage sensor came, I was thinking that I would like to have the buzzer ON only if the alarm on my profilux3ex is triggered by this sensor and not for instance from pH increase.
    This way I could wake up if the skimmer goes nuts.

So if a user could set, in which alarms the buzzer should be ON and in which alarms the buzzer should be OFF, that would be great.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Please!!!

I want to use the leackage sensor but I only want to wake up from the buzzer if there is a leakage and not because pH drops (or whatever).

Please!!

if you don't want to get an alarm from pH or whatever why do you activate the alarm for these things at all?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias is correct. Each item (temp, pH, etc) you can deselect the ALARM function in PLC.

PLC Software
    Probes/sensor controls
    pH/Temp
    (select the function you're wanting to turn ALARM off for)
    right in the middle of the page you'll see

ALARM - Not enabled

When I am out of home I like to get emails when pH drops etc.

When I am at home I prefer watching the Profilux View display, its aside the TV.

But at nights it will be better to have a buzzer only in critical matters.

I prefer to use one plug fron the Powerbar just to control a cheap buzzer by muself from loosing all alarm emails.

Although I think its a waste of plug for such a hi end controller.

Quote Originally Posted by almost View Post
    When I am out of home I like to get emails when pH drops etc.

When I am at home I prefer watching the Profilux View display, its aside the TV.

But at nights it will be better to have a buzzer only in critical matters.

I prefer to use one plug fron the Powerbar just to control a cheap buzzer by muself from loosing all alarm emails.

Although I think its a waste of plug for such a hi end controller.
    Hi,
    I have almost the same configuration in that I do not want the buzzer during the day, particularly when I am doing auto water changes etc.
    So I will only receive a email if the alarm activates (light will still go on front of controller)
    So I set in the general page in the PLC, you can set buzzer on time. I set this for 2200 at night to 0700 in the morning. So I wake up if any thing major happens.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

If I set the buzzer on time, only night hours, it will buzz every 30 min.
    Every 30 mins dosing pump adds kH builder from seachem and the conductivity probe for 3-5 mins "thinks" that conductivity has dropped.
    Plus, at night pH goes down, so it will buzz again.

Conductivity & pH is too important to set the alarm off, as suggested from Matthias.
    An alarm of conductuvity or pH during the day could mean that there is a major problem.

And I can not activate or deactivate theese alarms every time I am in or leaving the house.

OK,
    I don't have I do all those things but I do not have a wild fluctuation during input.
    If you have a small tank, I guess you might see those issues.
    But I have set my system up to ensure dosing is way from my probes and when it leaves the sump it goes to the tank.
    The probes read my return water after it has come from the skimmer, ensuring there is better stability when reading parameters.
    So sorry apart from evaluating your own system to mitigate those issues, I can't offer any more solutions.

The only thing with the buzzer I have, is that it sounds exactly like my Tunze pumps and my wife gets confused when I am away.
    Other wise I am happy with it.
    The system is complex enough currently.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!