Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wlan with belkin home base wireless usb?

Quote Originally Posted by shardyl View Post
    May as well do this properly and I can still use my belkin for my other devices and for backup access. I will get that usb>rs232 cable too as it sounds like an emergency solution that I hope i will never need but better safe than sorry!
    Great idea. If it fails it will always fail at a time where you can't get help, can't locate an adapter locally and you'll be stressed out!!

I hear you on that one!

I designed my whole tank system with redundancy in mind so I think it would be stupid not to do the same on the system that will be running it!

Once again, you guys are awesome!

very nice to have this kind of support whilst building my dream tank and appreciate you taking the time.

Hope I can return the favour someway down the line but sounds like you already know everthing you need to!

just checking that this the one i need?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11...3306149&sr=8-2

I take it this is powered by USB? How do you guys do this? and could i just use my belkin for the power?

I take it this is powered by USB?
    If you want: Yes.

How do you guys do this?
    You also can plug in the power source of the PL3 into the device (there is a socket on the back), remove the USB connector and put the power plug into the PL3 - I´ve done it so an I´ve posted a picture of that some days ago in an other thread

and could i just use my belkin for the power?
    Look into the spec - normally should it be no problem

Hey Guys

I got my vonets VAP11G but am having a problem with the setup. I presumed that I have to configure it to my router first so installed the software on to my PC I then plugged the usb into my pc for power and the ethernet port into my pc also. I then scanned using the software but it found nothing! I tried this on 2 PC's and also tried putting the ethernet port into the router but it still cant be scanned and found by the PC! also tried plugging it into the LAN port on the profilux too but same problem!

any advice here? Am i being a DUMB ASS?
    Last edited by shardyl; 12.12.2011 at 12:20.

plugged the usb into my pc for power and the ethernet port into my pc also. I then scanned using the software but it found nothing!
    This should work. Maybe the setup software is blocked by your firewall.

thats weird! I dont have any firewall running!

thats weird! I dont have any firewall running!
    If you work with Windows XP, Vista or 7 you surely have. Open your security center and see what´s there.

Yes I work with all of those and I puposely disable the firewalls on all PC's as I do a lot of media streaming, hosting and networking locally and remotely.

I have tried this on PCs running Windows 7 and Windows Vista and both of them have the firewall turned off and it will not find the device! very annoying!