Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wlan with belkin home base wireless usb?

Default Wlan with belkin home base wireless usb?

Can I use this for wireless programming and commincation to my profilux?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Serve...2779161&sr=8-1

possible, it seems so, but we didn't test it

so I can't guarantee for compatibility
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks

Definately worth a try, and will let you know if it works

shardyl why not opt to get one that others have tried and know it works? Myself and a few others are running this one and it was pretty simple to configure
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-link-DAP-1...2835343&sr=1-1

Thanks Al!

I will certainly use this if the belkin doesn't work, Its just that I aready have the belkin working for the seneye and it has 4 usb ports so fingers crossed it works!

It was only £36 from Amazon so would save me a bit of money too (not that It would count for much in the grand scheme of this build anyway lol) small fortune! could have bought a pretty decent new car!

Oh I totally missed that you have it working already. "DUH" yeah I wouldn't buy another one either. If you've already got it working on your LAN you've got half the work done (really much more than half) in regards to WLAN. Once you have your ProfiLux up and running hardwire it to your LAN to make sure it's accessible that way. This is merely incase you have trouble with your WLAN you've already confirmed P3 connectivity and wont have to back up to troubleshoot this later. Once that's done simply plug into your Belkin and there's probably not any more "Settings" to change. Restart your PLC software and connect to P3 wirelessly. It's really pretty darn simple.

I hope so!

I cant quite get my head round all of that atm but im sure it will make sense when the system arrives on Monday! May have to take the day of work

I may have to seek some advice of you when I am doing it but hopefully like you said it will be simple!

Yeah! It works!

Connected wirelessly through the belkin home base! Defo recommend this as I wireless solution for £35

is yours a profilux 2 or 3.

what did you need to get this working?
    what sort of connections, usb, rs232.

is it hard to set up?

I was looking at the unit you got on the link and it would be great value if it works, especially when im geting nowhere with the profilux WLAN card.

Mate! This really couldnt be simpler!

I have the profilc 3ex so not sure about the 2 but if it has a USB then Im sure it will work but dont quote me as obviously i have not tested it.

You get the Belkin, Then connect via ethernet to your router

Your router finds the belkin (you use the belkin software to do this, very simple with step by step wizard)

The router can then find your belkin wirelessly wherever you decide to locate it.

You then have the Belkin software on whatever pc you want to access it from (or multiple pc's i think! Ive not tested this yet but im sure it will work)

Then whatever usb device you connect into the belkin simply acts as if it was hardwired to that pc! and I mean "whatever!" I have a seneye, vortech radion leds and my profilux connected to it now all working perfectly and i still have 1 spare USB port! What is also great about it is, the seneye needs power to work and because the belkin is powered it supplies that power to the seneye!

I have a you tube video on this if you want to see. Just type "seneye belkin" into youtube and its the first result!

in fact here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGKjUIGp_M

Very impressive little box!
    Last edited by shardyl; 07.12.2011 at 02:28.