Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water change?

Quote Originally Posted by Manminder View Post
    well benutzer all i want to do is drain water via pump from my sump until the bottom level sensor is activated this would then stop draining. THEN Refill with fresh saltwater from my reservoir also via pump till the top level sensor is activated stopping the refilling process
    OK my user name is Antipodes and if you note my signature says Paul.
    However you did not answer the actual question.
    The thread in question does EXACTLY what you have requested!

Again, Have you followed the above thread word for word, and if so what particular item is it you are having problems with??

Please also note, I am just a user and have been through the same problems you have and it was all solved with the thread highlighted in my previous post.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Iv,e got it working now exactly as in the link you have given alhough i would like to not use the auto top up feature do i just leave the socket for the auto top off logic programming as always OFF?

as i am water changing from my sump i need my main system pump to turn off along with protein skimmer if this is a good idea how do i tie this in with the programmed logic|??

Quote Originally Posted by Manminder View Post
    Iv,e got it working now exactly as in the link you have given alhough i would like to not use the auto top up feature do i just leave the socket for the auto top off logic programming as always OFF?
    I can't reply 100 % as I miles away from my system. Yes I think you can do that, but you also want to turn off the alarm for the auto topup as it will go off if not full.

For your Skimmerand return pump. I turn them off at a feed pause and the auto water change allows a feed pause to be initiated when you start the auto water change.

But if you just want them to stop during the water change, then use water change inverted (I think, pay to experiment) and assign your socket to the programmable logic you just created.
    Only problem with this is they will start straight away as soon as the water change is complete.
    By using the feed pause I find it is a few minutes more until it restarts.

Sorry not super sure on this as I said I am away from my system for a couple of weeks.

Good luck
    Call me Paul !

its okay you've been a great help. iv been thinking about it and might just drain the watter from my main display tank that way i dont need to turn of the skimmer which i think could cause further problems. however my return pump will need to be turned off as it will otherwise run sump dry!! for know im going to re route my drain pump to the display tank along with the float switches. my auto top off is controlled via a spectrapure solenoid so no need to relyon profilux for that atm.

No problem at all.
    I know we have all been there at the start.
    I have to say most of my initial knowledge is from Forums and I try my best to return the knowledge best of my restricted ability.
    If you have you or any one else have other queries, I do recommend that you search the forum.
    A lot of subjects are repeated and regurgitated, but having said that some changes are always happening and need a different response.
    One of the things this controller is capable of is being able to do the same thing different ways.
    I think you are getting the measure of this thing and will be soon passing your knowledge to others.
    Catch you later.
    Call me Paul !