Thread: Procedure for setting up PAB Powerbar6D-PAB

Procedure for setting up PAB Powerbar6D-PAB

Does anyone have a step by step procedure to program each outlet (total 6) on a Powerbar6D-PAB.

I have already assigned the Powerbar as per 3.2 instruction in the user manual now I want to set a timer (ON-Off for one minute each hour) for each outlet?

Here an example for socket no. 1:

Under System/Socket functions/Socket 1 select function „Timer1“ and save.
    Under Processes/ Timer 1 select as switchmode cyclic and make the corresponding settings …

Regarding the other sockets you can proceeed accordingly.
    GHL Store
    www.ghl-store.com

I did exactly this using from the computer PC (not the profilux 3). The power does not come on and none of the LED's on the power bar indicate power is there?

My power bar is connected to my expansion box is this the problem?

Additionally, when I go to the next timer any settings and then go back to Timer 1 settings the original settings made to the day cycle are reset to the original factory settings so I think I can assume this is a software problem?
    Last edited by Chinaexpat; 25.11.2011 at 13:47.

The COM and Status LEDs of the powerbar are doing what?

Assuming the Powerbar has start number 1 the sockets are numbered 1 to 6

Simple test: Enable manual override in the PC software and check what happens when you activate sockets 1 ... 6 manually
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

1. I unplugged the Powerbar,
    2. Disconnected the PAB cable.
    3. Reconnected the PAB cable.
    4. Re-Assigned the Powerbar.
    5. Followed the instruction - Under System/Socket functions/Socket 1 select function „Timer1“ and save.
    6. Entered a Start and stop time
    7. On the "Timer" screen Selected - In Day intervals - Repeated All (1) days. I assume this means that repeat every day the programmed timer setting? (I could not find any documentation on what these options really mean?)
    8. Time modes set to Normal.

It worked.

I would like to make one suggestion:

This is clearly a very smart system and for those people that invented it I am sure they completely understand how to do everything. I on the other hand, live in Mainland China, I have no one I can ask for help other than this forum. A comprehensive user manual would be a huge leap forward for GHL and from what I can see on the forum would save Matthias a great deal of time answering questions. Today I only use a fraction of the features because I don't have the time to figure out how its supposed to work.

The user manual that comes with the Profilux unit does not do it justice!