Thread: Error Code 60, help please

Default Error Code 60, help please

Greetings, I have the Profilux 3ex. I am connected to my computer via the PLM-USB. My computer is running Windows XP-SP3. My PF-3ex is running the 5.11 firmware version. I have been getting this problem continually for the last couple of months. I generally only connect to the PF-3ex via my computer when I am making changes / adjustments, ususally I can connect 2-3 times before the comnputer freezes up with the error code 60, and then I have no other option but to re-start the computer, as it locks the computer up. I have no other USB devices attached to this computer, and I have tried using all 3 available USB ports with no changes. I have this computer dedicated to my PF-3ex in my "tank room" and the only other software I run on here is a web browser. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Regards, Kevin

I just did a quick search and came up with this.
    http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=60
    Have a look at it and see if this is in anyway similar to what is happening to you. It has a number of fixes also.

Plenty of hits on this also if you do a google search!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Paul, thanks for the reply. I will have to look at the code next time I get one, I was assuming it was a code from the Profilux software, I was not thinking of it being a windows issue. I will give er a go when I get home tonight. Cheers, Kevin

error code 60 pic.jpg Here is a screen grab of the error message, this does not look like a windows error message, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts...Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by lor_kev View Post
    error code 60 pic.jpg Here is a screen grab of the error message, this does not look like a windows error message, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts...Kevin
    kevin,
    Not sure what is going on exactly, but here is a link to a forum page with the same error message.
    Communications error code 60
    I am guessing here, but is it possible that you have the wrong driver loaded for the USB interface. I know there a are a couple and I had issues when I first got this windows 7 laptop trying to find the right driver for the link.
    (It requires the driver as it there is a serial to USB chip interface in the profilux) (Profilux is primarily serial communications)
    Sorry that's all I have. I possibly got this message, if I did, I just assumed driver as that is what I was working on at the time.

Also found this which mentions an adapter problem, which again could mean the USB connection.
    Error codes 1 to 99

I would have expected GHL to have replied by now, as this is THEIR support forum.
    Call me Paul !

Hey Paul, I ran the profilux under both drivers available in the GHL download section and my PF errored out on both of them. Not sure where to go next, I guess I will run the PF software on my laptop and see if it crashes there. I will also check my motherboard chipset drivers as per the other thread. Thanks for your help so far Paul, I did read the other thread earlier, but it was diificult to follow with the broken english...Kevin

@lor_kev: Please have also a look here if not done yet: http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ase-read-first!

Kevin,
    Carolin has pointed you to my next possible thing to look for which was ensuring your baud rate is matched between the profilux and the computer.
    I would also play with the time out and slowly increase it to max of 2000. Had to do this myself to get a stable connection.
    Assuming you have not fixed it that is!
    Call me Paul !