Thread: Need assistance with connecting P3ex to network

Default Need assistance with connecting P3ex to network

I just purchased a Trendnet TEW-647GA gaming adapter so that I can connect it to my P3ex via LAN and use it for remote access. The issue I am having is getting the gaming adapter to connect to the 2Wire996 router. I used the WPS button and it did not connect, tried the setup utility that came with the adapter and it did not detect my 2wire router. The P3 has already been configured with my router's information.

IP set on P3 - 192.168.001.080
    Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway - 192.168.001.254
    DNS Server - 192.168.001.254

I took the MAC address of the adapter and put it as an allowed MAC address in the router's settings and it still did not pick up the adapter's signal.

I do not know what else there is for me to do, anybody's help would be appreciated.

RRL

For setup you have to connect the adapter to the wired LAN temporarily (as decscribed in manual)

So I should connect the adapter to the router so that I can add it to the wireless network? What is the next step after that has been done?

What is the next step after that has been done?
    If you have configured it well, you can connect it to the PL3 (and power of course). And that´s it

Most "Adapters" have to be connected (with no devices connected) to the router and configured to communicate with them. Once it's "Talking" you can usually then power it off, disconnect from the router and then power on. It should "Discover" your WAN and ask for the WAN password if there is one. If no password it should auto-connect directly after discovery. After that time you can connect your P3 to the adapter and it should be now on your WAN.