Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vortech

Default vortech

Hi!
    I'm stuck at my vortech drivers flashing blue and yellow. When I hit end and assign, nothing changes!
    I'm running P3 firmware 5.10, control 5.1.1.0, and I updated my ecosmart drivers to v1.06.
    The firmware controller is set to 1.03, and the controller interface and rf module are both 1.02.

But nothing shows up in the controller and they stay flashing blue and yellow. Reset them multiple times.
    Any idea?

Did you follow the instructions in chapter 4?

After the controller flash blue and yellow, "end and save assignments" should be clicked.

"When I hit end and assign, nothing changes!" - so, yeah, I did. I followed the instructions about 15 times, and always the same result. They stay on blue and yellow.
    Before I did the software update on the vtechs, they appeared briefly, but then would completely turn off. The only way to get them back at that stage would be to shut off the controller and reboot the vtechs. Now they boot up, and with the p3 on, they just never go from blue & yellow after I hit end and assign.
    It's like the controller isn't seeing them. I know their wireless works, because they work perfectly in slave/master mode by themselves, without the p3 vtech controller.

Default answer??

Can I get an answer/help on this? I've tried it a bunch of times and every time I hit end assignments, the pumps either don't do anything or they shut off, showing version 2.02 on the p3 control - and when I click on there, it gives me a communication error. What gives?

What state do the LEDs at the Vortech-Controller have?

Perhaps an idea:
    The red LED at the Vortech-Controller should flash.
    If this is not the case, then maybe the RF-Module inside the Vortech-Controller may not stick in it's socket properly.

Other Idea:
    The RF connection between the Vortech-Controller and the pump control units is interrupted, by to much distance or a barrier.
    Did you change something on the physical disposal?

These are the only things I could figure out as a possible problem for this case...

Default Vortech

Thanks for the reply -
    The red light is flashing. They controller is right next to the drivers, and it will successfully transfer the firmware.
    Are the versions correct that I listed above?

I reset them, by holding set and mode until it flashes red/w/b, then the mode until it turned purple. Then set until it resets.
    It then turns green.

Then, I pressed mode and set for r/w/b, then set and it turns blue and yellow. As soon as I hit end and save assignments, the vortech wireless driver shuts off and won't turn back on.

I moved it even closer, still nothing - it turns green for a second after I hit end save assignments, then shuts off. When I click on the pump on the p3 controller, it gives me a communications 41 error (probably because the driver turned itself off). The only way to get the driver to turn back on is to unplug it, unplug the controller, then turn it on.

I also tried using p3 version 5.1.0.0 instead of 5.1.1.0 and the same thing occurred. Is there a way to roll back the firmware on the vortech controller to 1.01 from 1.03?

5.1.1 was the problem. When I ran up 5.1.0, it still shut off the vortech initially, but it came back on and i was able to edit stuff! So it worked!

Any idea why 5.1.1 won't work?
    Last edited by samyueru; 11.11.2011 at 13:41.

Thanks for this info. We will check this.

Default thanks

Yeah, thanks Frank - I think it may have been because I was running 5.10 with 5.1.1.0 - maybe if I upgraded my firmware to 5.11 it would have worked. Is a non-beta version due out any time soon?