Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless USB Adaptor

Default Wireless USB Adaptor

I'm about to show my "Newbie skills" here but I was wondering if it would be possible to use something like this to make the P3 wireless connection to my WLAN.

N300 Wireless USB Adapter
    WNA3100

http://www.netgear.com/service-provi...n/WNA3100.aspx

It just seems like there should be some type of USB connection that would be able to accomplish this but without knowing that much (it's obvious now I'm sure) about networking I could be totally wrong.

but I was wondering if it would be possible to use something like this to make the P3 wireless connection to my WLAN.
    No, you can´t use that device. The USB connector of the PL3 is an input/slave socket. It has no power output and also no host functionallity, so the WNA3100 will do nothing.

You need an wireless access point if you want to connect the lan port of the PL to your WIFI net. I´m using the Vonets VAP11G which is as good as any other WIFI access point but very small and can be powerered by the power supply of the PL3

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    No, you can´t use that device. The USB connector of the PL3 is an input/slave socket. It has no power output and also no host functionallity, so the WNA3100 will do nothing.

You need an wireless access point if you want to connect the lan port of the PL to your WIFI net. I´m using the Vonets VAP11G which is as good as any other WIFI access point but very small and can be powerered by the power supply of the PL3
    what he said just use a wifi bridge !

Profilux 3 - Tank: 200cm x 50cm x 70cm - Cichlid Malawi

I am using this, D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme its a 4 port Bridge. I have Profilux and 1 camera to it now, and its all wireless.
    Soon to have a second camera.

Simple to use, its has a switch in the back that puts it in bridge mode, does not get easier then that.

Thanks for the input. I knew it couldn't be so easy to use something I already have LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaragos View Post
    I am using this, D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme its a 4 port Bridge. I have Profilux and 1 camera to it now, and its all wireless.
    Soon to have a second camera.

Simple to use, its has a switch in the back that puts it in bridge mode, does not get easier then that.
    That seems very simple. I may order it Monday morning.

I now have my D-Link DAP-1522 Xtreme 4-Port GigaBit Selectable Dual Band Draft 802.11n N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point on order. It should be here one day later this week.

Thanks to all who have replied.

I got my ProfiLux set up on my LAN (it was way easy... GREAT work GHL).

Then I unpacked my DAP-1522. Unfortunately their web page (for setup) isn't designed to work perfectly with FireFox (they need to work on that) so I ended up calling tech support. Once I realized the error it took less than 5 minutes to get it set up, and once again I was able to immediately connect to my ProfiLux!

EXCELLENT work

I got my ProfiLux set up on my LAN (it was way easy... GREAT work GHL).

Then I unpacked my DAP-1522. Unfortunately their web page (for setup) isn't designed to work perfectly with FireFox (they need to work on that) so I ended up calling tech support. Once I realized the error it took less than 5 minutes to get it set up, and once again I was able to immediately connect to my ProfiLux!

EXCELLENT work

Good Job !