Thread: Setting up a Chiller

Default Setting up a Chiller

Hi,

Is it better to have the Profilux turn on and off the chiller or the pump pushing water to the chiller??

Thanks

If ur pump is not on all the time it won't circulate thrue the chiller and chiller will start up with his internal temp control .
    Besides i don't know if it safe to cut chiller's power (i haven't got prof yet ti trie it) but i ask teco if i can cut the power as profilux will need but they never answer me back
    I was thinking to put both chiller -pump to power up together

Tapatalk

Would it be a problem if the chiller didn't have water circulating through it?? You could just set the chillers temp down a couple of degrees and then whenever the tank needed to be chilled the Profilux could start the pump to the chiller and circulate the hot water to be cooled.....

I just don't think its a good idea to turn the chiller on and off with the profilux....

Yes it will. . As i sea in my house when eg i close my filter ( i had conect both of them together ) after 2-3 minutes the chiller where turning on as u forget it wont circulate

Tapatalk

I have the chiller turning on and off being controlled by P3. It's been like this for 6 months, no problems with chiller so far.

i would really like to hear from GHL on what they recommend, I'm picking up my chiller tomorrow

Had my chiller running off Profilux for 3 years and have no problems. I leave the pump on all the time i just turn the chiller on and off.

switching chiller and pump: OK
    switching chiller only: OK
    switching pump only: makes not much sense in my opinion
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    switching chiller and pump: OK
    switching chiller only: OK
    switching pump only: makes not much sense in my opinion
    Mathias it is not ur opinion thats a deadly choise coz it will eventually burn the chiller from overheat due to no turning off as the chiller's tempreture probe is in a small tank near the compressor and this will give higher readings due to compressor heatings that will cause the chiller to stay on constantly