Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5.11 Firmware and Remote Access

Hi Matthias,

The fisrt time I upgrade, it seemed like it was a Lan problem.
    After the update, I could not communicate from my laptop with my 3ex using Lan cable. I tried through both vesrions of PLC 5.1.1.2 & 5.1.0.0 and in Internet explorer 8 by giving the ip. This was so strange that I even look at the leds in Lan exit for the first time: the green was flashing, the yellow was rock solid. So, I made a reset to factory settings, nothing changed. Then by using the USB cable (as I always do during FW updates) I downgrade and upgrade again.

This time I could connect through LAN cable with both versions of PLC but no web interface. I even check if the internal ip has changed for some reason, but of course it was the same.

Then I downgrade again and all working great.

I have a laptop dedicated to profilux with Internet Explorer 8 and since the begining I am only using this to communicate (and the dyndns when not at home).

I will give it a third shot tommorow morning and post here again.
    Last edited by almost; 05.12.2011 at 18:12.

Worlds most gadget Aquarium.. almost.

Upgrade today for third time. This time:
    I can not connect through PLC via LAN cable or through internet explorer (by giving the internal IP of the profilux 3ex).
    BUT:
    If I connect the LAN cable from profilux to my modem/router and the router with LAN cable to my laptop, I can connect though PLC or ie by giving the internal IP (and I can connect through the dyndns).

So, I left the FW 5.11 ..

I can not connect through PLC via LAN cable or through internet explorer (by giving the internal IP of the profilux 3ex).
    You normally have to use a cross patch cable if you want to establish a direct connection between PC and PL3 via Ethernet port. If your PC doesn´t support autosensing, regular cable will fail. But it will work with a switch, a hub or a router

I didn't know that, but I didn't change the cable I was using to connect to my laptop.
    And with the same cable if I downgrade to 5.10 I still can connect direct to me ex3.
    So, it is not the cable.
    Its strange, since I restore my settings after the upgrade so, it should be able to connect like before.
    Anyway, the important for me is my connection through dyndns which in the third attemt to upgade to FW5.11 is working.