Thread: ProfiluxII update from 4.06 to5.1

Default ProfiluxII update from 4.06 to5.1

Hello!
    I tried to update firmware 4.06 to 5.1, but I got a message "Error while transmiting firmware"
    I have a similar problem when trying to store my settings I did the following:
    file---> Transmit all settings from profilux to file
    and I got a message "Cannot open parameter definition file ParaList_V4.06_ProfiluxPlusII.def"

I want to update firmware because a purchased two AI sol blue units that I would like to connect to my profilux computer.

Anyone?

General things to check:
    you use the original black ProfiLux serial cable (PL-ser)
    or you use an USB to serial Adapter in series with the original black ProfiLux serial cable (PL-ser)
    you followed the instructions at the PLC screen step for step (especially the message "Please confirm the message at the device with <Yes> ...." - you have to select "Yes" at the ProfiLux before you click to "Ok" at PLC)

yes that was the problem I selected yes on the device and the update began.
    I could not back up in the file though.
    I am using a usb adapter in series with the original black ProfiLux serial cable
    After the update and the device rebooted I get a meesege on the device "einstellungen rueckgesetzt"
    Is that O.K.?

Yes this is ok.

The new firmware has several changes and new settings - therefore the ProfiLux starts with default parameters.