Thread: Profilux light II display exchange problem

Default Profilux light II display exchange problem

Hi,

I got a Profilux Light II used for 3-4 years, quiet a lots of missing segment found on the display, so I order one and replace it, but it can't recognize the temp probe ( its firmware version : 5.07 ), someone told me that I should down grade the firmware version to 4.X otherwise it can't recognize the temp probe, so I downgrade the version to 4.08 but still can't .....I have take another temp probe from my P3 but got same result .... so what should I do now ?

Light II display_b.jpg

Light II display_a.jpg

You don`t need to downgrade the firmware, in 5.xx the probe should be also present, of course.
    What does "but it can't recognize the temp probe " mean exactly? Where is it missing?

What device type does the display show after booting?

Maybe the preprogrammed S/N is not correct, but this can be fixed.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi,

What does "but it can't recognize the temp probe " mean exactly? Where is it missing?
    - After I replaced the display board, I can't find the "sensor setting" in the menu ( temp probe already plug-in ), so I connect the Light II to my computer and check by using PLC ( version 5.09 ), I can see the sensor overview but the temp probe appear as a level sensor...... After I downgrade the firmware, I can see the "sensor setting" in the menu but the temp probe or to be exact, no sensor found in the menu of Light II or check by using PLC ( version 4.08.1 ).

Maybe the preprogrammed S/N is not correct, but this can be fixed.
    - What should I do ?

Regards,
    Ricky

tell me the S/N which is displayed after you connected with ProfiLuxControl
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Since I already replaced with the old display board ( since I need Light II to control the chiller ), I will exchange the board again when I back home on Fri night. Any idea how long it will take to fix S/N problem so that I consider whether to replace the old board again or not ?

The no. shown on the label stick on the board is S/N ?
    Last edited by reeferqq; 14.09.2011 at 14:07.

The S/N is printed on the label of the device.
    If there is an issue with the S/N it can be fixed in a few minutes. I send you a PM how to do it.

Hi,

Just have time to replace the display board and complete the recreation of S/N so the temp. probe can be seen and set. However, when I doing the firmware update to latest version 5.10 or 5.12at "erasing flash" stage, error message pop-up,

Firmware update error.jpg

so pls advise how to fix since I would like to use it to control AI nano ?

Existing firmware : 4.08
    PLC : 4.081
    Remark : with proper USB-serial adaptor and GHL serial cable; I never experience this problem when updating my P3 ex.

Thanks for any help !!!

Ricky

did you confirm the message on ProfiLux before updating?

Hi Matthias,

Don't know why, after several trial and finally succeed. Love the Light II with AI Nano for my frag tank.

Recovery photo_j.jpg

Thanks for quick reply and great help provided.

BR
    Ricky