Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No measurementdata in the graph's anymore...??

ok, will catch this up ASAP
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,

Two months have gone by since your last reply, any news yet?.......
    I think my Touch is already out of warranty by now, but has not functioned properly ever.
    Is the new firmware for the Touch ever going to be released. Me and a few others are waiting for 11 month now.

Regards,
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post

since it has nothing to do with a warranty you need not to be too concerned

this is still fact
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Happy New Year........

But sadly enough my data in the graph's on the Touch is corrupted again.
    It is not a random error. I have experimented with it in the last year by using different the measurement periods.
    The data in the graph's always go's corrupted when the stored data exceeds +-14000 datapoints.
    So this looks like there is a defective memoryposition, and not a software problem.
    This also explains why there are only a few people who have this particular problem.
    A new Touch would certainly solve my problem, but a datacheck routine in the firmware is probably also an option.

My big question is when are your going to solve this problem, I(and a few other) have this problem with the Touch for more than a year now. How would you feel if you were in my shoes?, or it it me who is being unreasonable or doing something wrong?

With Kind Regards,
    Jack

bad1.jpgIMG_3851.jpgIMG_3852.jpgIMG_3853.jpg

as I stated earlier, the reason for this effect is not a bad memory in your ProfiLux Touch

actually the memory has some Megabytes and all data are stored in line, organized in a ring buffer

however, I still had not the chance to "produce" this problem, therefore I want to ask you if we can replace your unit with a new one, because I would like to examine your device with the data stored in it
    (I hope the problem still exists and you didn't reset the data yet?)

could you please send us an email to discuss the further details?

I have not reset the data yet , so the corrupted data remains.
    Will contact you by mail to arrange the swap of the Touch unit.

Regards,
    Jack

Received the replacement Touch yesterday, lets hope that this solves the problem of the corrupted graph's when more than 14000 datapoints are strored. The defective one will be send back today.

One thing immediately fell to my attention, the viewing angle is much worse than the old Touch.
    My Touch is mounted at hip hight, and with the old Touch I only had to bend over a little bit to read the Touch. With the new replacement Touch I almost have to sit right infront of it to have a clear view, not really progress.
    And what are those two big drips of glue doing on the top the Touch, not a nice sight .

Strange....... The viewing angle is really big the other way around. If I look up (from below) at the Touch the viewing angle is great. But when I look down(from above) at the Touch the viewing angle is really bad, If have to sit almost right infront:mad: of the Touch. Not great because my Touch is mounted at hiphight.

It looks like the internal mountingposition of the screen in the Touch is 180degrees different between my old and the new one.
    Last edited by mdanielse; 18.01.2013 at 19:36.

Hey Matthias,

The replacement Touch is working good, no more corrupted graph's. There are at this moment 16000 measurements stored in the Touch. With the old Touch the data corruption in the graph's started around 14000 datapoints stored. So it looks like there was a problem with my old Touch unit after all. Anyhow......for me the problem was solved when you replaced the faulty Touch unit

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    as I stated earlier, the reason for this effect is not a bad memory in your ProfiLux Touch

actually the memory has some Megabytes and all data are stored in line, organized in a ring buffer

however, I still had not the chance to "produce" this problem, therefore I want to ask you if we can replace your unit with a new one, because I would like to examine your device with the data stored in it
    (I hope the problem still exists and you didn't reset the data yet?)

could you please send us an email to discuss the further details?