Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VorTech settings 'lost' after power outage

Default VorTech settings 'lost' after power outage

Hi

When/if we have a power outage and the PIII loses its supply voltage, on restart the VorTech settings in the Profilux are lost, this causes the pumps to be in a unidentifiable state and they are 'dead'.

The only way to restart the pumps is to reprogramme the settings back into PLC.

It looks to me as though the VorTech settings are stored in the PAB device and when it loses power it loses the settings.

This has happened to me 3 times now, so I come back to the tank and have no flow.

I also know of 2 other people running the same set up with the same issue.

Any ideas guys, this isn't good.

Thanks

PIII ex

PLC 5.0.9.1
    FW 5.09

FW VorTech controller 1.01
    FW controller interface 1.02
    FW RF 1.02

Pumps 2.02

This should not be the case, all VorTech settings are stored permanently in an EEPROM.
    I just tested it with "lagoon speed 100" and "const 200" for pump1, after a powercycle all setting were still there.

Are you sure that the settings disappeared?
    Do you have an example? Maybe I can produce this problem with an example on my hardware.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the reply Matthias

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    This should not be the case, all VorTech settings are stored permanently in an EEPROM.
    I understand how an EEPROM works so agree it shouldn't be the case.

I just tested it with "lagoon speed 100" and "const 200" for pump1, after a powercycle all setting were still there.
    I have 3 pumps running on mine, could that make a difference?

Are you sure that the settings disappeared?
    Absolutely 100%, as I say it has happened 3 times now.

Do you have an example? Maybe I can produce this problem with an example on my hardware.
    An example?
    Not too sure what you mean here Matthias?

Thanks

It would help me a lot when you could give me an example of settings which disappear after a reset.
    Screenshots of the settings for your 3 pumps.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, will add them later when I am back at home.

Sorry, forgot to add, it loses all the above settings and reverts back to:

Standard: Profilux controlled, Prof pump channel 1
    Fall back: Constant speed 127

Ok, I have just returned home after 4 hours and one of the pumps had lost communication, see attached screenshot.

This pump has the battery back up so don't really understand what is happening here.
    This is the first time this 'fault' has arisen, obviously something is amiss in the internal programming of the GHL?
    no response.jpg

To get the comms back I cycled the power to the VorTech wave driver.

to the lost settings: I need a few days to check (and solve) this

to your newest post: I am not sure if this is a problem with the GHL controller (or the internal firmware)

To get the comms back I cycled the power to the VorTech wave driver.
    lets me assume that it is more likely that the problem comes from the driver

Ok Matthias, thanks.

A bit more info that may help (or not), pump 1 is the master, the one that lost comms, pump 2 & 3 are slaves to pump 1, pump 3 had gone into pulse mode, this was how I noticed the 'problem' due to the ramping up and down.
    Pump 1 was running on constant speed (green light)
    All the settings in the Profilux were still visible.