Thread: Sms help

Default Sms help

Just got my new SMS unit from Gareth at Progressive Reef. I was able to connect it without a problem. I am using an AT&T sim card to send sms. My problem is that
    when I try to send a TEST sms, nothing happens!!!!! I have spent almost 2 hours with customer reps at AT&T but they keep telling me the SIM card is active but they cant
    do anything else because "its not an AT&T device"
    Any ideas?

After talking to Michael, and spending 4 hours on the phone with AT&T!!!!!!!!!! Updated SMS Service center...ALL WORKING NOW.
    Thanks Michael and Gareth

Well, guess I got the SMS to work. Now my problem is that the AI cable control was prev connected via RS cable to my P3. I then connected the SMS to the P3 and then connected the AI to the SMS, but I am now NOT ABLE to control the lights at all. They are not following the light schedule as before. Obviously I did something wrong!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Latest version of SMS--brand new unit. And P3 version 5.06. Do I need to update software version?
    Thanks

I think you need version 2 sms firmware but am waiting to hear back from Matthias.

Unfortunately there are no release notes for the SMS firmware to determine.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Hi

ProfiLux is not able to control an AI lamp through the SMS unit because the Aqua Illumination communication protocol is different to the ProfiLux protocol - only direct connection of works.

Are we talking about a SMS unit with PAB connection and a P3? If yes then connect both devices over PAB.

If no: You need an interface card PLM-RS232 to connect the SMS unit
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Where can I get this card?

---
    - Always at sea;
    Dr. Antonio Longo

Where can I get this card?
    From your local GHL dealer. Part # is PL-0601

Remark: You need a free expansion slot for it.

Thanks again for ALL YOUR INPUT. Again, great product, but BETTER customer service.
    Thanks again. Waiting on part to be shipped from Progressive reef,