Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS - Tank report

Default SMS - Tank report

when i get a text from my profilux 3 via sms i don't get all of the tank report,

I run a profilux 3 plus a expansion module,

i get info for 2 x ph, 2 x salinity, 2 x redox. for the air/humidity sensor, all i get is the word air, no ready of the humidity or air temp,

is there a limit of how many characters are sent via text
    this is how it reads,

Tank report
    ph 1 8.23ph
    temp 1 24.1
    co.s 1.0186
    redx 1---
    ph2 7.97 ph
    temp 2 24.6
    co.s 2 1.0209
    redx 2 --
    Air.

I am missing the air/humidy readings?

can this be fixed,
    Last edited by reef; 25.07.2011 at 13:40.

Hi

the problem is: SMS messages are limited to 160 characters.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Any reason why it is limited to 160 characters?
    Should we not be able to get all the parameters,

Any reason why it is limited to 160 characters?
    It´s exactly described here - and it´s a GSM standard behavior. It has nothing to do with GHL or the SMS module.

Great info thanks
    Maybe the characters can be reduced. So for redox you could have Rx. For saliniy SL etc

I will check what we can do with tne next firmware update.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks, that would be great.
    I had a alarm today and because it was not under 160 characters i could not tell what the alarms was as it was missed in the status report.

Matthias,

Is it possible to also not show disabled probes in the text message?
    I have a redox in my profilux 3, however I am not using it, I have disabled it, however it still shows in the text message when I get a report. shows redx 1 ---.

Matthias,

I just noticed in the sms control software that their is no longer a responsive time?
    So when a alarm goes off you could delay being sent a sms a short period of time. so for example when a alarm is activated you could delay being send a alarm text for say 10 seconds. this stops being sent a sms when the alarm period is very small, as for example the power might go off for 2 seconds. i dont really need to be sent a sms for such short period.
    This used to be a option, just noticed that it is not anymore in the profilux control

Matthias,

I just noticed in the sms control software that their is no longer a responsive time?
    So when a alarm goes off you could delay being sent a sms a short period of time. so for example when a alarm is activated you could delay being send a alarm text for say 10 seconds. this stops being sent a sms when the alarm period is very small, as for example the power might go off for 2 seconds. i dont really need to be sent a sms for such short period.
    This used to be a option, just noticed that it is not anymore in the profilux control