Thread: PAB problem with powerbar assign

Default PAB problem with powerbar assign

Hi all, I have recently upgraded to profilux 3ex. i have the following devices connected via PAB. Powerbar6D, touch & vortech controller.

I have the powerbar connected directed to the first PAB port, with the vortech and touch daisy chained from the second. I am having problems with the powerbar being reconised by the profilux. When the powerbar is the only item plugged into the PAB port i can assign the device without any problems.

When i add the vortech / touch into the second port the powerbar disappears from the profilux i.e. no longer their to be assigned.

Randomly the powerbar will appear in the assign menu. When I do then assign it, the PAB alarm starts straight away.

The firmware on the powerbar is 1.06. All firmware on profilux, touch and vortech controller is up to date. The powerbar does continue to operate the sockets correctly even though it cannot be seen through the assign menu. I have tried resetting the PAB devices a number of times.

Any idea on what may be causing this problem?

Questions:
    - Are Vortech and Touch plugged in the second ProfiLux PAB port or in the second powerbar port? Are there differences in the behaviour?
    - when you assigned all PAB devices successfully (first powerbar only, in a second step add other devices) is everything working correctly? Are the devices then displayed in the system overview of ProfiLuxControl?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The vortech and touch are plugged into the second profilux port (daisy chained).

For some reason the second port on the powerbar will not work full stop. If I plug the cable direct from the profilux into second port on the powerbar nothing happens. If i try and daisy chain again nothing happens.

Yes everything works ok, when I assign the powerbar first, then other items. Once I plug the touch and vortech into the second profilux port the powerboard disappears, but still works.

The powerbar is not displayed in the system overview of the profiluxcontrol. The vortech and touch both are.

Matthias, any update on this? Could it be a faulty powerbar?

The second port of your Powerbar6D-PAB doesn't work? Means: if you connect the PAB to this port, the yellow LED stops blinking?
    This should not happen. Then a faulty Powerbar6D-PAB may be possible. In this case contact your retailer or GHL to return the Powerbar6D-PAB for a review.

You could also try following:
    Connect all devices via PAB to ProfiLux (your setup should be ok)
    Make a PAB reset

If you reassign the PAB devices, could you see all devices now?

I have tried the PAB reset a number of times. As advised above if both ports are being used in the profilux the powerbar disappears from the "assign device" menu in the profilux. If I reset the PAB devices and plug only the powerbar in it works fine. It is when I then plug the second lot of devices into the second port the powerbar drops out. It does randomly appear to be assigned, once I do this the PAB alarm starts.

Yes when I plug the cable into the second port the yellow LED does not blink.