Thread: Calibrating PH probe using PC software

Default Calibrating PH probe using PC software

I have just hooked up my profilux Plus II to my freshwater tank after it had been in storage for 6 months. Previously it had been calibrated for a saltwater tank. My problem is that the profilux seems to be working OK apart from the display no functioning correctly so it is very difficult to calibrate the PH probe for freshwater.

Is it possible to do the calibration using the remote function of the PC software?

Yes, this is possible with the remote control.

Thanks, can you also advise if a firmware update may help fix the display issue?

Ok, and what is the problem with the display?

The display on the unit is corrupted. I can read some of the words OK, but when trying to configure the unit it is impossible to read everything correctly.

I did a factory reset, but that did not help

this can't be fixed with the firmware, I am afraid the display is broken, maybe humidity during storage

we can repair the display, but this can't be done through the customer, sorry
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Mathias

I suspected that would be the case, it is not a big issue as I can do most things from the remote function using the software. One further question, can I do firmware updates safely using the USB port?

depends on the reliability of your USB connection

if it works without issues the update shouldn't be a problem
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.