Thread: temp probe -intermittant faulty conection

Default temp probe -intermittant faulty conection

Hi,
    I originally posted on Reef dreams but I think Steve's on holiday, Problem is I'm about to!
    I have profilux 3 Ex- for a couple of months now with lots of extras and by large have got to grips with programming very pleased with monitoring etc - a fantastic product!
    However -every time I touch the profilux (ie move the box slightly), I get an alarm on the temperature1 channel due to errronous reading at 39 c - I have to fiddle with the temperature probe connection wait 20 seconds or so (as it takes this long to get correct reading) to see if conection restores again - I feel that at some point this will happen when I'm not around and the heaters will switch off with disastrous consequences- what do you sugest

Mike

This means that there is a loose loose contact inside the connector or a brooken cable or a broken lead inside the cable. 39 degrees is the temp shown if there is no probe or if it´s not connected right.

ok given that -what should I do? Is it possible to replace the probe as only a few months old?

Check if there is any issue with the connector like loose or wapped contact. Check both, conector at probe cable and also temp socket. Maybe contact spray will help.

having the same issue here.

I have 4 expansion boxes with a temp prob for each and yes every movement of the exbox will lead to a temp alarm and a side from sending an alarm it shows alarm temp 1 or 2 or which ever also it will show the riding for that temp as: …… so I gees my suggestion to you since those plugs are sensitive set alarm

I am having the same problem. So long as I don't touch it, it is okay. If I move something, it malfunctions.