Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending Emails through WLAN

Default Sending Emails through WLAN

lanconfig.jpgDears,
    I just have bought the WLAN card.
    My plan was to replace my LAN connection (on-board) by a wireless, as my lan is passing trough a Power Line and require additional cables and power.

The WLAN is working , i am able to configure my profilux 3 without cabling !

But what about sending emails (alarms from Profilux) ? and NTP and web server and web server external access ?
    It seems that these features can be used only with LAN and not with WLAN !!!
    Do you confirm this ?
    if WLAN can be used for these features, i would like to know how to achieve that ?

my LAN ip was 192.168.0.111
    and my wlan ip is 192.168.0.100

I am using Proxilux III with fw 5.09 and PLC 5.0.9.1

Thank u for your help.
    - Geoffroy

100X60X50 (cm) - 300 l. total net volume
    Profilux 3 + Dosing Pump - PH & Temp Probe - Level - 2 Powerbar 6D
    ATI Powercone 200 - Vertex UF-15 biopellet loaded
    Giesemann Matrix 8 X 39w

It seems that these features can be used only with LAN and not with WLAN !!!
    Do you confirm this ?
    Yes, that´s true (as I know). WLAN card is usable for controlling PL3 via PLC and for firmware updates but not to access to web services from/to PL3
    WLAN card. is more some kind of serial port via WLAN. If you want to have full access in both directions you can´t use it. It´s mandatory to use an external access point then.

This issue is discussed here serval times and there is no solution with the WLAN card (you may not know it, but is´t discontinued)

Thank u for your feedback Wirus.
    If i understand well, i bought this card for nothing! I am really disappointed!
    - Geoffroy

100X60X50 (cm) - 300 l. total net volume
    Profilux 3 + Dosing Pump - PH & Temp Probe - Level - 2 Powerbar 6D
    ATI Powercone 200 - Vertex UF-15 biopellet loaded
    Giesemann Matrix 8 X 39w

If i understand well, i bought this card for nothing!
    I also was up to order it some month ago but for my luck I had read about the issue before, so I buyed a WLAN bridge, normally made for personal video recorders..
    It´s a very funny item called VAP11G, it runs now for month. I´m put it in between the power cord, no separate power plug neccessary

Hi Wirus

I bought a PIII and a vap11g. I got both yesterday. Before I start to try to configure everything I thought I'd better ask, don't want to mess things up...

Do I need to configure the LAN of the profilux first and then configure the vap11g and connect to the profilux? Or do I configure the vap11g first, then connect it to the profilux?

Thank you very much for your help

The manual for it explains it clear, I think.

First you configure the VAP11G on a physical lan socket, then you connect it to the Profilux. If the Profilux had worked on LAN cable before, it also should work with the bridge. Proper settings for LAN connection are mandatory (should be clear, I think). I would reccomend to set the PL to a fixed IP, but it´s not mandatory.

Thank you very much for this Wirus.

Hello may i ask something might stupid to you ???
    in the screen photo it write NTP(timeserver) and 2 lines down u click domain and u write dlink why is this for ?? and if it is a must how it goes?? depends from the router????

you can choose a ntp server (time server => the p3 is using this to keep its internal clock in sync )

you can choose the time server you want , just use google and enter ntp server

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    you can choose a ntp server (time server => the p3 is using this to keep its internal clock in sync )

you can choose the time server you want , just use google and enter ntp server
    Thank you i find one from Europe and enter it europe.pool.ntp.org i think i got it