Thread: power bar control cable broken?

Default power bar control cable broken?

Yesterday I started my new tank. I have two powerbars, one 6D and one analogue. I have the digital connected to S1-S4 and programmed as plugs S9-S14 and the analogue is connected to S5-S8 port. However when I tried to switch on some plug on the analogue bar this does not respond at all. I also checked the same cable with the digital bar and the communication LED does not come on at all. I guess there is something wrong with the cable so I am planning to replace the RJ12 pugs, is there anything I should be looking after?

Have you already checked in our PC software ProfiLuxControl if the sockets work if you activate them manually (under System/socket functions/ activate manual override)?
    Have you perhaps activated digital operation for S5S8 by accident?
    Since the sockets don't react, have you already assigned the corresponding function to the socket under System/socket functions?
    GHL Store
    www.ghl-store.com

Yes I have tried all of the above. I cannot connect digital to S5S8 as this is a Profilux IIex. As I said I tested the cable with the digital PB as well which works ok otherwise with my other cable. I will try the analogue with the working cable as well and see the results. It is a very remote hypothesis for this cable to have a problem since it is very flexible so I reckon maybe one of the two RJ12 plugs has an issue.

Problem Fixed!

I used a multimeter and checked one of the pins that was looking a bit rusty. This showed no continuity between the two cable sides so I replaced the RJ12 on that side with a new one and magically everything started working again.

I still have problems with this cable. Do you have a product code for a replacement cable?

When the plug was rusty it is maybe possible that the socket is also rusty?

This should be solved first.

The cable has no special code because it is not a standard item, just order "western cable RJ12 2m"
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.