Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with WLAN connection of profilux 2 plus

Default Problem with WLAN connection of profilux 2 plus

I am having problem connecting to wireless, here are all the steps I have followed and still am not able to connect

Connected controller to computer using serial cable, under system it does recognize WLAN, went into configuration and set IP as 192.168.1.24 (my computer IP is 192.168.1.5) and set network and save. On controller it shows resetting module, so I believe it it set. I set SSID to the wireless router SSID

Now I have disabled wireless security on my router

Now when I go to web browser and type in http://192.168.1.24 it does not open the configuration page, no ping happens to 192.168.1.24

What am I doing wrong. I have tried these steps almost 10 times with same result. I am running firmware version 5.0.6 and profilux software version 5.0.8

Please help

to add- I tried setting Static DNS 1 setting in my router also to 192.168.1.24
    Last edited by newfishguy; 25.06.2011 at 19:18. Reason: additional information

The PII does not have a web server.
    So you cannot use http://192.168.1.24 to connect to it.
    You need to connect to it with the PLC software and a TCP/IP connection.
    The only way to connect to a PII is via the PLC software or some other software like ReefStatus (this can give you a web interface to your PII).

On top of that you have a communications problem, if you cannot PING the ip address of the WLAN.
    Things that you should check are that the IP address is seen by your wireless router (you may be able to PING the WLAN address of 192.168.1.24 from the router).
    Check that the address that you have configured the wireless for the PII to is not allready in use in your routers DHCP scope (if you have a conflict wierd stuff will happen).
    It would also be a good idea to use an IP address that is not within the range of the DHCP scope of your router (if it has DHCP enabled)

Finally, some wireless routers do not support wireless devices talking to each over wireless (its fairly rare, but it does happen). Can you PING another wireless device on your network from your PC?

In testing this connection, just use PING to get it working. If PING works, then move on to using PLC. If PING does not respond, you have a communications problem and nothing else will be able to work.

All of this is just from my experience, so if Im wrong or lead you astray in any way Ill appologise in advance.

Hope this help's to stop the frustration of not getting it work work.
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 26.06.2011 at 10:03.

Default i did same steps

My PLC software could never connect using TCP/IP and shows that no connection is made.
    The address I am using is out of the DHCP range (1-20) and I am using .24.

My router does support communication between wireless devices as I can ping my 2 wireless laptops. Maybe the port issue? as controller is on 10001 port?

I am lost, I think that is right, the communication over TCP/IP is not happening where I can see WLAN under system (under PLC software) when I connect using serial cable.
    Please help

I just had a read of the wireless interface user manual.

I was wrong saying that it didn't respond to http.
    It should if it's configured. Just not the PII, but the WLAN card.

Something that you can check in the PII is that the ip address is actually being set.
    This can be checked on the unit, follow the instructions in the user guide for the WLAN card

Or from http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...N_WLAN_eng.pdf
    Keep in mind that the wireless cannot be secured for the initial connection (no encryption on the wireless)
    Then once you have it going, it can be changed to WEP or similar

Sorry for the error above

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    I just had a read of the wireless interface user manual.

I was wrong saying that it didn't respond to http.
    It should if it's configured. Just not the PII, but the WLAN card.

Something that you can check in the PII is that the ip address is actually being set.
    This can be checked on the unit, follow the instructions in the user guide for the WLAN card

Or from http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...N_WLAN_eng.pdf
    Keep in mind that the wireless cannot be secured for the initial connection (no encryption on the wireless)
    Then once you have it going, it can be changed to WEP or similar

Sorry for the error above
    Yes, I did try that. there is no way to tell that IP is set or not. I followed steps to assign IP over PLC software as well as on the unit itself. BY the time I have it set up, it does show resetting module, but how can I tell IP is set?

Default any update?

Please help. I am stuck

Hi,

have you sorted this out yet? I'm having the same problem. I set up the WiFi card using the web interface of the card itself but my PLC will not connect to the Profilux II.

Thanks for any answers!

I just found it. This is really ludicrous! You need to uncheck the automatic option in the tcp/ip dialog and set the ip to that of your WiFi card and Bob's your uncle. can't believe this is checked as a default!

Default i don't get it

You mean you set the IP same as your router? I did set up the IP myself (not the automatic) but still no luck, did you mean if IP of router is 192.168.1.1 , you set the IP of the controller to 192.168.1.2 or same as router (but 2 cannot have same IP )

Default still having the same problem

any help will be appreciated.